March 28, 2024, 04:24:39 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Volume through headphones/earphones  (Read 9136 times)

Offline Scott99

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
Volume through headphones/earphones
« on: July 24, 2012, 09:53:36 AM »
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but for me personally, the only negative I have found on my Nexus 7, is VERY low volume when listening to movies/music through headphones or earphones. I have put the volume all the way up, and it's still quite low volumewise. I like to use my Nexus 7 to watch movies while I commute on trains in NY & NJ, so the volume definitely is an issue.

I've asked other Nexus 7 owners, and they've experienced the same thing. Hopefully they fix this in a future software update. Anyone else unhappy with this as well ?

Offline Sevendipity

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Volume through headphones/earphones
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 10:44:52 AM »
I'm getting more than adequate volume. There are lots of variables in this equation. Try different source material, or player app, or headphones, or combinations thereof.

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 11:52:35 AM »
I'm getting more than adequate volume. There are lots of variables in this equation. Try different source material, or player app, or headphones, or combinations thereof.

+1
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline Scott99

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 11:57:03 AM »

Seven,

When you mention player app, what kind of player app are you speaking about ? I've tried earphones and headphones that I've never had volume issues with on my Kindle Fire or my iPhone 4, so I know there is no problem with my earphones/headphones. Please excuse my Newbie-ness.

Offline frank

• Popularity: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 03:18:59 PM »

Offline Scott99

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 09:38:32 AM »
Thanks Frank ! Downloaded this app and another Volume control app, and now the sound is great ! Thanks again to all the helpful well informed people, makes the Nexus 7 experience even better when people point newbies like myself in the right direction. Movies and Music now kick butt on my Nexus 7 !

Offline rajpotula

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 06:38:44 AM »
Hi Scott,

Can you tell me which apps you installed to solve the issue? Same problem...headphones sound just not enough while watching a move from the native player :-( Can't feel batman's punch! I have JBL headphns but still not enough.

Thanks,

Raaj

JayJ

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 12:46:42 PM »
Try MX Player, if you use Software decoding you can double the volume.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 01:00:40 PM »
I use Volume+ careful its potent! You can change speaker, headphone and bluetooth volumes separately.

Offline Scott99

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 01:24:07 PM »
Hi Scott,

Can you tell me which apps you installed to solve the issue? Same problem...headphones sound just not enough while watching a move from the native player :-( Can't feel batman's punch! I have JBL headphns but still not enough.

Thanks,

Raaj

Raaj,

I used Music Volume EQ and Volume +, they both seemed to do the job.

Offline ADRz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 06:15:51 PM »
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but for me personally, the only negative I have found on my Nexus 7, is VERY low volume when listening to movies/music through headphones or earphones. I have put the volume all the way up, and it's still quite low volumewise. I like to use my Nexus 7 to watch movies while I commute on trains in NY & NJ, so the volume definitely is an issue.

I've asked other Nexus 7 owners, and they've experienced the same thing. Hopefully they fix this in a future software update. Anyone else unhappy with this as well ?

I agree but this is very much a per movie experience.  Some movies are not audible very well during a flight; most are, and the same applies to TV shows.  Yes, sound is a problem

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 05:35:26 AM »
I have noticed low volume on movies in avi format and plan to convert one to another format, just to see if it is the format or the source.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman