2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 Android OS (Jelly Bean)

What does the 4.4 upgrade give me?

(1/2) > >>

RobInfinity:
My first gen Nexus 7 is upgrading from whatever it upgraded to last time, to Android 4.4. Since this is all automatic and I don't keep up like I should, I am wondering. What will this upgrade give me that I didn't have before?

Babyfacemagee:
Here's Google's official 'KitKat' Android 4.4 page that shows the new features you'll get.  There's changes to the graphics, new voice and search features, expanded Google Now functions, new phone app and caller ID, included QuickOffice, new Bluetooth support and lots of other stuff.  No one new feature will really hit you over the head screaming 'new' except maybe the Google Now but all in all, dozens of different parts of Android get reworked, upgraded and simplified.   A lot of work has also been done to make it faster and smoother.  Here's the link: http://www.android.com/versions/kit-kat-4-4/

JayJ:
Immersive mode is really nice and hopefully more applications will make use of it in the coming months. As much as I liked the Holo blue I'm really liking the white status icons and overall de-blue of Android.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

RobInfinity:
Thanks!

I can definitely say it is a LOT faster!

NSILMike:
Any advice on techniques to accelerate delivery of the OTA update?  For instance, does manually checking for updates have any effect?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version