2013 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (2nd Generation, Nexus 7 FHD, Nexus 7.2) > New Nexus 7 Audio/Video Help (2nd Gen)

A Working Video Recorder App?

(1/3) > >>

yetanother1:
I have tried a few video recorder apps from Google Play but none of them work with the 2013 N7.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a video recorder app?

TIA

Harpanet13:
Every one that I have tried works fine.
I have 3 on there now and all are still working with 4.4.
HWF

yetanother1:
Interesting.  I'm on 4.3 and have tried both "Nexus 7 Video Camera" and "Full HD Video Recording" apps and neither has worked.  They don't even successfully launch.

(I got the impression from somewhere that the video interface changed for the 2013 version and many apps don't work).

Could you give me the names of your working apps?

Thx

Harpanet13:
I have been using the default "Camera" app for normal vidz and "Paper Camera" for special effects.
I just installed and ran both that you mentioned and they both worked.
I did not care for "Full HD Video Recording" and "Nexus 7 Video Camera" simply points to the default camera app, no point to it.

yetanother1:
Based upon what you said I tried once more and got the same results.

I have the Camera Zoom FX app installed as the "still" camera.  When I try and switch to video mode within Camera Zoom FX I get the message "Video switch not supported on this device".

When I launch Nexus 7 Video Camera I get the message "Unfortunately, Nexus 7 Video Camera has stopped".

I've googled the messages, seen that others have had the problem, but no solutions that seemed appropriate.

Looks like I'll send a message to the Camera Zoom FX people and see if they have an answer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version