March 28, 2024, 11:21:58 AM

collapse

Author Topic: A Working Video Recorder App?  (Read 9256 times)

Offline yetanother1

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
A Working Video Recorder App?
« on: November 24, 2013, 08:29:49 PM »
I have tried a few video recorder apps from Google Play but none of them work with the 2013 N7.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a video recorder app?

TIA

Offline Harpanet13

• View Profile
Re: A Working Video Recorder App?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 12:13:23 PM »
Every one that I have tried works fine.
I have 3 on there now and all are still working with 4.4.
HWF

Offline yetanother1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 02:27:15 PM »
Interesting.  I'm on 4.3 and have tried both "Nexus 7 Video Camera" and "Full HD Video Recording" apps and neither has worked.  They don't even successfully launch.

(I got the impression from somewhere that the video interface changed for the 2013 version and many apps don't work).

Could you give me the names of your working apps?

Thx

Offline Harpanet13

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 03:05:35 PM »
I have been using the default "Camera" app for normal vidz and "Paper Camera" for special effects.
I just installed and ran both that you mentioned and they both worked.
I did not care for "Full HD Video Recording" and "Nexus 7 Video Camera" simply points to the default camera app, no point to it.

Offline yetanother1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 10:02:03 PM »
Based upon what you said I tried once more and got the same results.

I have the Camera Zoom FX app installed as the "still" camera.  When I try and switch to video mode within Camera Zoom FX I get the message "Video switch not supported on this device".

When I launch Nexus 7 Video Camera I get the message "Unfortunately, Nexus 7 Video Camera has stopped".

I've googled the messages, seen that others have had the problem, but no solutions that seemed appropriate.

Looks like I'll send a message to the Camera Zoom FX people and see if they have an answer.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 11:09:10 PM »
Have you tried uninstalling the app and just trying the built in video camera app?

Tapatalk Pro paid three times version.

Offline yetanother1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 11:39:16 PM »
I considered removing the camera app but I paid for it.  I'm a newbie, so I was afraid that I'd have to pay for it again upon reinstall.  I'm not sure how the Google Play store works.

(I just educated myself - found out that I don't have to pay for it again!  Good news
https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/113410?hl=en-CA )

Will try the uninstall tomorrow and report back
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:42:25 PM by yetanother1 »

Offline yetanother1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 12:10:13 AM »
I had a few minutes and unistalled Camera Zoom FX and Nexus 7 Video Camera.  Powered off the system and back on.
I then reinstalled Nexus 7 Video Camera - still didn't work, same message.

I then installed Nexus 7 Camera (the "official" camera app) and it gave the message "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped".  So now even the simple camera doesn't work  :(

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 04:04:00 AM »
Sounds like you need to reset the whole system. Wipe. You will lose data so backup what you can.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Offline yetanother1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 09:54:53 AM »
Thanks for your efforts! I emailed Google's Nexus support and was pleasantly surprised to get a response.  Here is part of what they said:

If your device is having camera issues, it could be an issue with a 3rd party app or something else that was installed. Here are three steps to stop the camera app from working improperly:

Step 1: Check for system updates and app updates.
- To update the OS, go to 'Settings' > scroll down to 'System' > click 'About phone' (or tablet) > click 'System updates'.
- To update apps, visit the Google Play Store app.

Step 2: Try using the device in safe mode (and uninstalling apps in safe mode). [ http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/08/02/how-to-boot-the-google-nexus-7-tablet-in-safe-mode/ ]
- Hold the Power button while the device is already on to get the "Power off" option.
- Press and hold "Power off".
- Select "OK" to reboot into safe mode.
- To uninstall an app, go into "Settings" and then under the heading "Device" select "Apps".
- Select your installed apps and there will be an option to uninstall.

- To exit safe mode, power off the device normally and start it back up normally.

Step 3: Perform a Factory Data Reset

**NOTE that all of your personal information will be removed from the device. Please backup all of your information first.**
[ Here is one suggestion how http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-back-up-your-nexus-7-information.html ]
- Go to Settings > Backup & reset.
- Select Factory data reset.
- Select Reset tablet.
- If your device is password protected, you'll be prompted to enter your Pattern, PIN, or Password.
- Device Erase everything to confirm.

Offline yetanother1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 12:14:07 PM »
Thanks again to everyone.

A system reset fixed things (and I got updated to 4.4 in the process).

I used ES File Explorer to back all my files up to Google Drive before the reset. (Note: be sure that your Google account is sync'ed before the reset.  I had to force a sync via the "3 dots" menu).

After I restored 4.3 I tried the standard camera app (it worked) and was able to access the standard video recorder (it worked).

I then upgraded to 4.4 and installed Camera Zoom FX.  It worked and was able to access the standard video recorder.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman