2013 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (2nd Generation, Nexus 7 FHD, Nexus 7.2) > New Nexus 7 Android OS (2nd Gen)

udate error

(1/2) > >>

Jimaz:
I finally got the KitKat update this morning. When it rebooted the nexus 7 it started the install. A few seconds in It said error..This what it said the error is.

System/bin/app_process has unexpected error.

I did a factory reset..I got the OTA again and I got the same message as above into the install

I hope there's a fix for this problem

loociddreemr:
This error is pointing to a discrepancy on the system apps binary directory. Have you uninstalled any system apps or converted user apps to system apps? This will undoubtedly cause an error with an OTA. Are you rooted? Custom recovery?

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

S.Prime:
Your app_process apparently has been modified, probably by some app. If you do a factory reset, run the OTA, before installing any apps or if you are rooted get a copy of app_process from someone on 4.3 for your tablet. Keep us posted.

Edit: Apparently loociddreemr and I are thinking similarly.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Jimaz:
I tried what you said and still no luck. I get the same error message. I am rooted, but I can't seem to unroot it. I have tried nexus root kit, and I get an error message there that says ADB device drivers  is not installed. I have done that, I think. I'll try whatever to get this going right.

loociddreemr:
A factory reset doesn't touch the system partition. That's actually a trick I used to use. If you make user apps system apps, they will be there after a factory reset.

No need to unroot necessarily. Install the full factory image in recovery. Shouldn't give you a problem. Anyone have a link to the image.zip?

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version