April 18, 2024, 11:55:17 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Anything I Should Know ??  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Inked

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Anything I Should Know ??
« on: January 07, 2014, 06:22:10 PM »
Hi guys

I have a 32gb nexus 7 with 3G due to be delivered tomorrow and the first thing i want to do to it is root it.

But as things change so fast i was wandering if this guide is still up to date:

http://nexus7forum.com/nexus-7-root-hacks-mods-and-development/the-nexus7forum-com's-step-by-step-guide-to-rooting-the-nexus-7-tablet/

Before rooting it i will be updating it to the latest kitkat firmware so i want to also make sure that the Nexus Rootkit Toolkit has been updated to be able to root the kitkat firmware ?

Also while googling (is that a word....lol) i come across a guide saying that the toolkit has problems with the 3G version nexus 7.

I also come across one that said that if something is/isn't ticked in the toolkit then it will brick the tablet. The trouble is i cant find the guide now so i need you guys t let me know if this is all still true.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks ;)

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Anything I Should Know ??
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 06:16:09 AM »
The links to the toolkits may not be correct but Mark Skippen's and WugFresh 's toolkits support the latest version of KitKat. The latest version of Mark' s universal toolkit is at skipsoft.net and off the top of my head I cannot remember WugFresh 's. Skip RootKeeper because it no longer works and root has to be restored after each OTA. Therefore, upgrade to the latest version of KitKat before rooting. There is always the chance of bricking your device, but it is very unlikely if you follow the steps in the guide and the toolkits. I will update the guide in our forum during the upcoming weekend. Sorry, but I do have a real job :-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman