March 28, 2024, 01:38:36 PM

collapse

Author Topic: [VIDEO] Google Nexus 7 Tablet & OTG Cable for USB Host Connection  (Read 2771 times)

Offline ReverendKJR

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile

I have taken the time to connect an OTG (On The Go) cable into my Nexus 7 tablet to demonstrate for you how to take advantage of the USB Host capabilities of the device.  You can plug in USB input devices such as a keyboard or a mouse, or both, with the use of a USB hub.  You can also plug in a USB drive for extended data storage, as long as you download a free app from the Play Store called StickMount.  Now, StickMount requires that your device is rooted, so if you have not done that yet, please follow my "Idiots Guide to Unlocking & Rooting your Nexus 7" located HERE.

***edited by admin***
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 10:07:08 AM by Babyfacemagee »

Offline Archie

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: [VIDEO] Google Nexus 7 Tablet & OTG Cable for USB Host Connection
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 11:31:32 PM »
I ordered two from HongKong and they arrived a couple days ago. Total Order price including shipping was $@2.75.  Couldn't believe it but for about $1.37 each I tried it. Both worked fine.

I have also ordered one from Walmart and that's being shipped to my house.... $4.88 total delivered to my house.

I use a mouse and keyboard and will dive into learning how to root my system next week so I can add the thumb memory.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman