March 29, 2024, 04:06:22 AM

collapse

Author Topic: maps  (Read 1575 times)

Offline deadhead18

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
maps
« on: December 11, 2013, 11:46:19 AM »
How can I stop maps from automatically updating? The factory version allows saving maps for 'off-line use' whereas the updated version does not, despite the help page stating it will. I delete the updates in settings, save the maps I want, but the next time I open my N7 maps has updated and I have lost my saved maps. Grrrrr.

Offline rasmith1959

• View Profile
Re: maps
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 03:10:37 PM »
How can I stop maps from automatically updating? The factory version allows saving maps for 'off-line use' whereas the updated version does not, despite the help page stating it will. I delete the updates in settings, save the maps I want, but the next time I open my N7 maps has updated and I have lost my saved maps. Grrrrr.

It does cache map data. Just tap on the search bar, then when the drop down window opens displaying your map history scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll find the option to cache onscreen map data. This won't work if you are not zoomed in close enough.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4.

Offline deadhead18

• View Profile
Re: maps
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 04:30:27 AM »
Thanks for this. However, having done this part, where are the cached maps. I've tried looking everywhere, even in file manager but can't locate where these offline maps are fileds. If I switch off wi-fi, go to maps, the app won't open; so how do I get to my cached maps?

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman