March 29, 2024, 08:19:22 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Personal Videos on NEXUS 7?!  (Read 6358 times)

Offline Shinhing

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Personal Videos on NEXUS 7?!
« on: July 25, 2012, 07:16:32 AM »
Hi there,

Why is there no where on the internet (even from google) that tell's you what specs you need for personal videos. I've tried many formats of video and all say cannot play video file.   :'(

There are many websites with junk programs offering to convert etc but I shouldnt need them!  >:(

Any ways thank you in advance   ;D

Shin

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Personal Videos on NEXUS 7?!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 09:20:56 AM »
I've taken lots of video since getting my N7, and it natively saves in 3GP format.. but try VLC Direct Pro Free from Google Play and see if that does what you need.  I haven't tested it, but I will as soon as I can get my N7 online.  VLC is tried and true on the desktop, and it shows to support these formats: avi, flv, mp4, mp3, mkv, wmv, jpg, mpeg, mpg, rmvb, m4v, mov, 3gp, ts, vob.

Offline Shinhing

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 10:38:40 AM »
Thanks for the reply Samalex.

I've just had a look at VLC Direct and it says it's not supported for the N7. I guess i'll just have to wait till developers patch apps for the N7.

It's a shame in this day and age why things can't be a simple as drag, drop and play.

Ill give .3gp a go  :)

Offline samalex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 10:45:33 AM »
I've just had a look at VLC Direct and it says it's not supported for the N7. I guess i'll just have to wait till developers patch apps for the N7.

It's a shame in this day and age why things can't be a simple as drag, drop and play.

Check out VPlayer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.abitno.vplayer.t - and see if that works.  I just installed it, and it's revamped for tablets.  If it works it's only $1.99 to unlock it else it quits working after 7 days.   I use VLC on my Droid phone but this might be a suitable alternative.

Offline frank

• Popularity: 5
    • View Profile

Offline whysoserious_058

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 07:32:53 AM »
I agree MX Player is the way to go. I equate it as the VLC of android devices, plus the UI is nice and neat

Offline samalex

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 07:59:22 AM »
I guess I should've held off before buying VPlayer for $1.99 :)  I'm downloading MX Player now as well since it does look great... and ya can't beat free!

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 08:07:43 PM »
I have videos that I have compressed for use with a PS3.  They are *.mp4 using H.264/AAC.  They seem to play fine with the stock video player.

JayJ

Re: Re: Personal Videos on NEXUS 7?!
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 08:40:33 PM »
I have videos that I have compressed for use with a PS3.  They are *.mp4 using H.264/AAC.  They seem to play fine with the stock video player.

Play they might but honestly give MX Player a go, it will play 95% of codecs and has a great User Interface. The option's are great too with aspect ratios, gesture control and with software decryption you can increase the volume to twice the stock value.

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 01:36:21 AM »
I've tried MX Player in the past, and again today, but it won't play any of my HD movies that have DTS audio.

VPlayer plays them  just fine.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 01:43:28 AM by CBers »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt