March 28, 2024, 04:29:24 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Talk about overstating the obvious.  (Read 5089 times)

Offline Portsider

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Talk about overstating the obvious.
« on: July 30, 2012, 08:01:31 PM »

NX7...Official tablet of the Dark Knight

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Talk about overstating the obvious.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 08:09:46 PM »
That's called linkbait. He has nothing to write about so he makes up a worthless story to fill his quota.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline Portsider

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 08:21:07 PM »
You could almost see the smirk on his face, like....'Why am I doing this'?  :o

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 01:42:39 AM »
Actually, I agree with 3 of the cited reasons.  The lack of additional storage, video output, and rear camera are sore points with many of us.  I, and many others, could care less about cellular data connections and Adobe Flash support.  But for each of us, there are probably 2 or 3 others who'd love to have them.
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline Portsider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 09:46:04 PM »
I'll second that on the external storage. This would, without question be top of the wish list for me personally. And yknow, Since quick and timely o.s updates are surely something we can all look forward to on our Nexus devices, I had just about completely ruled out having to root my NX7. But the thought of being able to take advantage of external storage options on a rooted device has probably changed my mind.

Offline JanqEs

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 03:58:39 AM »
This thing would be great if there is external storage. But sadly it doesn't have it. I heard someone says this "they would probably want us to use their online storage". That would be reasonable i guess. But its kinda expensive don't u guys think? with the monthly payment and all.

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 07:41:46 AM »
You're allowed five gigabytes free storage space in the cloud, so it's not expensive. I fixed the lack of external storage by rooting my N7.
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

JayJ

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 03:15:14 PM »
I've got several cloud, accounts including Dropbox,  Box,  Google Drive & Skydrive. All these are free,  I think Dropbox started with 2 or 3GB and could be increased with things like liking on Facebook,  following on Twitter etc.  Google Drive starts with 5GB, it's the cheapest of the cloud accounts I have to upgrade but has the least functionality especially compared to Dropbox.
Box has limited upload file size when using the application and then there's Skydrive which anybody with a Hotmail account has but does not have an inhouse application.

On a side note,  anybody that uses these should try Solid Explorer. You can set up cloud connections and functionality here beats the applications including Dropbox's which is by far the best of the four.

Offline Profiler

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 03:16:23 PM »
Just another option for those who are not rooting.. I have a Kingston 64GB wi drive that I had for my phone that holds all my video's, photos, and some back up documents. This works great on the nexus 7 too. Battery life if 4 hrs on average. But if I'm in a location where I have power I plug it in for unlimited use. Your supposed to have online access to your files too but I haven't figured that out yet. Just another option.

Offline RDJW

• Popularity: 2
  • N7 8G, Thrive 16G
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 07:27:59 PM »
I'll second that on the external storage. This would, without question be top of the wish list for me personally. And yknow, Since quick and timely o.s updates are surely something we can all look forward to on our Nexus devices, I had just about completely ruled out having to root my NX7. But the thought of being able to take advantage of external storage options on a rooted device has probably changed my mind.

The external storage issue was almost a deal-breaker for me. It well worth rooting to get more via USB. With factory resets available, I found the risk acceptable, even though I was terrified. What a brave new world that has such trinkets in't!
Specialization is for insects.    --R.A.Heinlein

Offline dbart42

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 08:27:16 PM »
I signed up with box.net back during a promo period and got 50gb of lifetime storage for free.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman