March 28, 2024, 04:34:59 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Camera apps  (Read 2731 times)

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
Camera apps
« on: December 23, 2013, 09:14:45 PM »
I know some people think using a tablet for a camera looks as silly as me lugging around my grandpa's large format Rolleiflex. But with the ability to edit, annotate, and email pics it seems useful to me.

Any favorite apps?

In my work, taking a shot of a store frontage, adding notes and measurements for a sign estimate would be useful. A raster/vector conversion to generate a line drawing would be cool.

A surveyor might photograph plats to add their own measurements, adding trig programs to calculate closure of a traverse to catch busted angle and distance measurements before leaving the job site might be another app idea.

OCR, optical character recognition, could be useful in generating PDF files from documents.

Any other ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Camera apps
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 12:12:23 PM »
How about the ability to scan a document and create a "fill in the blank" form that can be saved, emailed, or printed.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 02:35:51 PM »
My next project is to photograph all my equipment and valuables including serial numbers, and upload to Google drive for insurance and theft purposes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Offline limbot

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 08:34:31 PM »
If you're using a digital camera, buy an Eyefi card.  I'm in holiday in Bali at the mo.  Take piccies  with my Panasonic G3, use direct mode to load them automatically to my tablet .  Can review my pics on a much larger and better screen than the built in one, can then edit (mainly crop and straighten) and post in an appropriate site.

Also means you have a backup of pics in case you lose or damage your sdcard.  If you're really paranoid you can also automatically upload to popular web based photo sites as well once you're in WiFi range.

Bit of a draw in battery life on your camera but well worth it.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman