2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 Android OS (Jelly Bean)

Tablet won't update....from 4.2.1!!!!

(1/2) > >>

Qdotsmom:
Where do I start I have so many issues with my first generation Nexus 7 that it's going to be my last Android purchase.....
1st... I posted here in the Jelly bean thread because my tablet has never updated from the original OS out the box....I'm always prompted that 4.2.2 is downloaded and ready for installation. When I try to install it, the android bot shows up with the red triangle coming out of his tummy..It's safe to assume the update didn't work because when I check the version, it's still at 4.2.1. Coming from iOs that is basically plug and play this is proving frustrating :(. My tablet isn't rooted and I only have basic apps games FB netflix etc.... Ive turned off google services framework just to get rid of the update prompts..I literally get about 5-6 prompts an HOUR!!
2nd...charging issues...I know this is the wrong thread but I have to vent. I can leave my tablet plugged into a wall for 12 hours and still not get any juice!! This morning I plugged it out for my son to play with it and it died on me, I even got the scrambled signal screen. I am using an aftermarket cable since my ex won't return the stock one to me. I've googled a solution and all I see is to get my hands on the stock charger..... >:( I've never had this issue with my iPhone 4 and charging it with aftermarket products. What an utter disappointment....

matt:
Is it possible that the update is not working because the tablet is not charged and has inadequate maintenance voltage even when plugged in? The tablet should charge with aftermarket chargers, just not as fast. I would suspect the usb cord is faulty, even my stock cord is intermittent at times when bent near the plug end.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

StewMc:
You really need the stock charger or an equivalent. Don't give up on the Nexus because your ex is being  b**ch

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

bjs229:
Having a hard time reading.. Sorry

Sent from my Nexus 7

S.Prime:
Your charging issues with after market chargers and usb cables are rectified by finding one that is compatible, which is no fault of the device and resides with the inability of access through your former relationship (been there done that). Compatible chargers and cables exist, as I am using them, so that problem can be resolved. As for the Android with the red triangle, your device is not recognizing the fastboot command, so at that point you press volume up + power to proceed with the update. I have the same issue with my Nexus 10, and I assure you updates are achievable. I honestly understand your need for venting. :-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version