March 28, 2024, 05:39:06 AM

collapse

Author Topic: How do I find which app is adding apps to my tablet?  (Read 1565 times)

Offline markw10

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
How do I find which app is adding apps to my tablet?
« on: December 31, 2013, 11:43:53 PM »
I have a Nexus 7 tablet and every few days I notice a few new apps on the device.  I'm not sure if they're full apps or just simply icons to download apps or get more information.  I have tried to avoid using them.
I know previously I had a couple apps that were sending notifications to the notification system that I considered to be spam.  After some research I found out how you can find out which apps are doing it and disable notifications from those apps so that took care of that.  I find these new apps to be very annoying and would like to find out what is causing it and how I can turn it off or remove the offending app?
Thanks!

Offline StewMc

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: How do I find which app is adding apps to my tablet?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 05:37:25 PM »
Do you have some examples of which apps are getting installed? might help us narrow things down.

Stew

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Offline martyh

• Popularity: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 07:02:21 PM »
Is it possible what you're seeing is simply automatic updates turned on so your apps are automatically being updated?

Offline franxalot

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 04:32:37 PM »
You may be inadvertently activating the Android Beam feature which transfers/shares programs and other information with another computer or tablet in close proximity. They just have to be near each other, not touching.

I did this by putting the new Hisense Sero 7 Pro on the same charger as my Nexus 7-2 overnight. My tablet got a lot of kids games which I had put on the Hisense, and my grandson's Christmas present got a word processor and many other apps which I had installed on the Nexus. I looked it up in the online Nexus manual after being flabbergasted at the 'automatic' information exchange.

Hope this helps.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts