March 28, 2024, 09:16:06 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Google Now  (Read 1171 times)

Offline techguy378

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Google Now
« on: July 26, 2012, 12:08:55 AM »
How useful is Google Now on a wifi only device? In addition to owning a Nexus 7 tablet I also own a Motorola Droid Bionic phone running GB. As an example, if I regularly use Google Maps on my Droid Bionic phone to navigate to and check in at Starbucks in the morning and then do the same when I get to work 45 min later will my Nexus 7 tablet get this information from the cloud and become aware of my morning schedule eventually? If I use Google Maps on my Droid Bionic phone to navigate to and check in at a specific Red Lobster restaurant for lunch on the same day each week will my Nexus 7 tablet get this information from the cloud and possibly suggest other seafood restaurants I might like when I'm in that particular area? I would like some clarification on exactly how Google Now works.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Google Now
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 12:24:50 AM »
Good questions techguy378.  We did a piece on Google Now last week that I think pretty much covers what you're asking.   However I can't give you specifics as to how often information is updated on the Nexus 7 from the cloud.  I'm assuming it's just about instantaneous whenever it's connected and then your behavior profile should sync in all your Android devices..phone and tablet.   Here's the article we did:  http://nexus7forum.com/index.php?topic=108.0

If you find out additional info share it with us here in the forum

Thanks,

BFM
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman