2013 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (2nd Generation, Nexus 7 FHD, Nexus 7.2) > New Nexus 7 4G LTE Topics (2nd Gen)

silly questions...

(1/2) > >>

steve-o:
If I'm connected to Wi-Fi, do I have to 'un-enable' data access over my mobile network or is all data transferring thru Wi-Fi automatically? Also, in Canada, I believe Rogers is 3G/LTE only. Do I need to change my 'preferred network type' in Mobile Settings to 3G? Does it matter for speed or data usage? Thanks if anyone knows...

Babyfacemagee:
Not a silly question.  No, your tablet will automatically pull data from LTE when it's available.  You don't need to change your setting or 'unenable' anything.  Same goes with the 3G.  The cellular modem automatically adjusts according to what is available and uses the highest speed protocol it has access to.   

steve-o:
Thnx fpr the reply. So even if Wi-Fi is 'on', data may still transfer via LTE? Which could be expensive when roaming...

S.Prime:
If WiFi is enabled and a WiFi connection is available and selected, the WiFi will take priority over the LTE, and the data send/receive will occur by WiFi saving your data plan.

steve-o:
Thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version