March 28, 2024, 04:30:27 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Power button changes volume instead of power options  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Mattsr36

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Power button changes volume instead of power options
« on: January 18, 2014, 07:11:21 PM »
Recently I accidentally dropped my nexus 7 2013 in water.  I pulled it out quickly and took all the precautions.  Powered down, removed backing and dried it inside and out with towels and compressed air.  There wasn't much moisture inside when I popped the back off but I still let it sit overnight before attempting to turn it back on.  I tried powering it back on throughout the next day with no luck.  Finally late in the day just when I was convinced it was fried, I tried one more time and to my surprise it turned on!  After playing with it for a bit the only problem I could find was that when I try to power it down or put it into sleep mode using the power button, instead it turns the volume up!  The only thing I can figure is that because the power button is so close to the up volume button, it's maybe hitting the volume sensor underneath.  I pulled the back off again and took a look but it seems normal.  The weirdest part is that when it goes into sleep mode on its own and I hit the power button to wake, it works fine.  Any thoughts?

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Power button changes volume instead of power options
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 07:44:03 PM »
Open it, put in a closed box with dry uncooked rice to get rid of residual moisture.

sent from me n7 using tappitytalk 4

Offline StewMc

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 08:31:34 PM »
Agreed with Matt. Often using a vacuum is also better than using compressed air. Compressed air can push moisture into crevices while a vacuum sucks the moisture away.

Try the rice trick.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 09:56:17 PM »
Compressed air contains some water.

sent from me n7 using tappitytalk 4

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters