April 20, 2024, 04:37:43 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Boot up screen  (Read 1450 times)

Offline elisa

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Boot up screen
« on: January 20, 2014, 07:36:16 AM »
Hi please can you help my nexus 7 is stuck on the boot up screen where you have the four colours that come together, it won't go any further and if I switch it off it comes on again doing the same thing. Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Boot up screen
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 07:25:05 PM »
Will it boot in safe mode? Hold power until you see Google, release power then hold volume down until boot finishes. Disable recent apps especially launchers and try again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

JayJ

Re: Boot up screen
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 07:56:51 AM »
If Matt's suggestion doesn't work then you may be forced to perform a factory data reset. You'll lose your data, movies, books, music et cetera but hopefully you'll have a working tablet again.

From off, hold volume down and the power button to boot into the bootloader. Use volume down to navigate to recovery and the power button to select recovery. Once you see the android on his back and a red exclamation press and hold the power button and press volume up once to enter recovery mode.
Now press volume down to scroll to wipe data/factory reset and press the power button to select it and then scroll down to Yes - Wipe all user data, again pressing the power button to confirm.

Your device will be reset to factory values and you'll then need to set up again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 07:58:34 AM by JayJ »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt