April 16, 2024, 03:37:14 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Stuck in a bootloop please help!  (Read 3274 times)

Offline arefx

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Stuck in a bootloop please help!
« on: August 05, 2012, 05:43:15 PM »
Im not sure how to get out of it on a nexus 7, can anyone help? also if my battery dies before fixing it will it still charge?

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in a bootloop please help!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 06:04:17 PM »
You will have to provide a bit more information on how you got into boot loop, also try power + volume to get into recovery and stop the boot loop.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

JayJ

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 12:29:32 PM »
Yeah as Prime says it'll a little hard to diagnose without more info, where you just turning it on, where you trying to root the N7, is it already rooted? If so what method did you use to root??

Try clearing the cache and dalvik cache from recovery if you have CWM and can boot into recovery??
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 12:31:21 PM by JayJ »

Offline thebrick

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 09:19:32 PM »
Mine was out of warranty, so Google declined to replace it or fix it. It seems to me that either they are very sloppy when they send updates to the device or it is all a planned obsolescence to make you get a new device (although why would I pick an Android based tablet again?)

On my first call to Google, they told me to wait 2 days for the device to finish installing the update. Since that did not work, they told me how to reset the device. It didn't work either.

You should not be paying for a new device or repair if nothing you did made the device unusable. You were not at fault of anything. They should replace your device.

For the technically inclined, fixing it by flashing a new ROM may be just a new challenge. But for the regular folk it is just money in the garbage.

Alone I may not have a case, but if you want to pursue legal action against abusive business practices, let me know. Together we may avoid this from happening into the future. We may even avoid generating electronic garbage. For now...I may start collecting Nexus 7 devices stuck on boot and make an art exhibit.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 07:18:01 PM »
Mine was out of warranty, so Google declined to replace it or fix it. It seems to me that either they are very sloppy when they send updates to the device or it is all a planned obsolescence to make you get a new device (although why would I pick an Android based tablet again?)

On my first call to Google, they told me to wait 2 days for the device to finish installing the update. Since that did not work, they told me how to reset the device. It didn't work either.

You should not be paying for a new device or repair if nothing you did made the device unusable. You were not at fault of anything. They should replace your device.

For the technically inclined, fixing it by flashing a new ROM may be just a new challenge. But for the regular folk it is just money in the garbage.

Alone I may not have a case, but if you want to pursue legal action against abusive business practices, let me know. Together we may avoid this from happening into the future. We may even avoid generating electronic garbage. For now...I may start collecting Nexus 7 devices stuck on boot and make an art exhibit.

It is an easy process, to restore the OS with one of the Nexus 7 Toolkits, but if you are technically challenged, ask for help in our forum and you will find it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman