2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 Audio/Video

Downloading Music from my PC

<< < (2/2)

matt:
Win 95 & 98 1st edition had USB problems, what's your os? Could also be chip set drivers. As far as playing windows media, there might be players available or you can convert to mp3.

sent by mirrorflash Morse code

revshep:
I think that my Nexus has a mind of its own. I have downloaded the Goggle Music file to my PC. On it it asks what type of files do you want to upload. You then have the option of choosing Windows Media File (WMA) so I chose this option. It managed to upload only one album from my music files which seems very odd to me. In addition when I use Windows Explorer to look at files on my Nexus, I cannot find this album. However it will play when I go into my Nexus. Any one got any thoughts? I am trying to make logical sense of it and my eyes are now getting square.

Many thanks for any help.

kr

David

matt:
There are two USB modes, mtp and ptp. Settings/storage/3 dots upper right.

matt:
Just ran through multiple drivers, the one that worked was under portable device in pc system/device manager as nexus 7. I had to disable USB debug in developer options(nexus), uninstall the adb composite driver in device manager -tick the file delete box, then reboot the n7 while still attached with a known good cord.

This was with MTP mode. File manager now works.
I have been using WiFi transfer by setting the PC media folders as shared.

gp123:
Try PowerAmp.  I've downloaded a thousand wma files stores on my PC under WMP without any problem

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version