March 28, 2024, 09:28:04 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Activating Dictation through External Keyboard?  (Read 1929 times)

Offline erik

• Popularity: -2
    • View Profile
Activating Dictation through External Keyboard?
« on: July 26, 2012, 07:50:19 PM »
It's not in the official guide, and I've yet to figure out how to do this. Is there a keystroke on an external keyboard that will trigger dictation?

I suppose if that isn't possible, the next best thing would be to "eject' the USB/bluetooth keyboard to bring up the virtual keyboard so that the dictation button can be hit. Does anyone know if there's a keystroke that can eject and later remount the external keyboard? It would obviously suck to have to go into settings to "forget" your keyboard, and then re-pair the device every time you wanted to use dictation.

I've got an Apple bluetooth keyboard and the button in the keyboard's upper-right corner ejects the device on my iPad, but has no effect when the keyboard's paired to my Nexus 7.

Offline arborij

• Android Nerd
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Activating Dictation through External Keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 11:51:37 AM »
That's a good question, I would be curious how to do it also.  I vaguely remember being able to change some of the key functions on your keyboard, to do other things, but for the life of me, I do not remember how, nor did Google give me any direction to prove that I am not crazy.
Droid OG (Retired), Droid 2 (Retired), Droid 3(Retired), Droid X (Retired), Droid X2 (Retired)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked, Rooted, Overclocked, Undervoltaged), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Stock)
Nexus 7 (Unlocked, Rooted, Undervoltaged)
Please click "Thumbs up" if somebody posts something helpf

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts