March 28, 2024, 05:39:38 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Google Now (what?)  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Diver4242

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Google Now (what?)
« on: July 27, 2012, 12:50:02 PM »
I have google now turned on for my Nexus 7, have had it for a week or so and traveled around different places, googled some of my favorite sports teams, etc. Disappointingly, none of the 'google now' magic is happening - the only card that shows is the weather. boring! i googled 'new york yankees' a few times, but it never shows any card with the scores or upcoming games. i have location services turned on (but not the gps receiver) and of course wifi is on. i clicked on my calendar and my appointments, etc are in there but i never get any appointment card showing.

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Google Now (what?)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 02:51:57 PM »
Yeah I'm getting the same results and its been two weeks.

Offline garryknight

• Popularity: 0
  • Waiting for my 16GB Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: Google Now (what?)
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 04:32:18 PM »
Did you set up the cards?

At the bottom-right of the Google Now page you'll see a menu (3 vertical dots). From this menu, choose Settings then Google Now. At the top-right, make sure Now is switched on. Then go through each card setting it up and making sure the ones you want to see are turned on (switch at top-right, again).

You can also go to Google Maps on your PC's browser to set Home and Work locations. You might also need to go into Settings, Location Services and turn on the top and bottom icons.

Since the tablet only uses WiFi, it might not give results unless you're connected while out and about.
Garry Knight

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts