March 28, 2024, 05:53:06 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 8 anyone?  (Read 3242 times)

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Nexus 8 anyone?
« on: June 02, 2014, 03:17:14 AM »
With Google I/O coming up this month and the Nexus 8 apparently a good bet, what would it take for you to move to the Nexus 8?
For me, the major consideration, would be price. My Nexus 7 2013 currently is adequately satisfying my tablet needs, so even if a Nexus 8 surfaces, with great hardware, but a price point beyond $300 US, I would be hard pressed to ditch my Nexus 7 2013 for the Nexus 8. I will admit that I am ready for a new technology toy, but I am spoiled by the Nexus 7 2013 pricing and hardware. What are your thoughts on the Nexus 8?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline martyh

• Popularity: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 8 anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 02:22:39 PM »
My 2012 N7 has slowed down so much that it's pretty much useless now; I think it's just wore out! So, I'm open for anything new, which is why I've been holding off making a purchase (and not having 'droid device at hand is driving me crazy), so the N8 would work for me. However, a lot depends on the specs and price. If I'm not happy with either -- or both -- I'll see about picking up a 2013 N7 LTE

Offline StewMc

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 11:41:46 PM »
I will pull the trigger on a new version of the tablet and the next version of the N5 ....price point is too good to pass up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 08:46:05 AM »
From what I have read it was strongly believed that the Nexus 8 would be made by HTC, but when reading "What to Expect" at Google I/O articles, we see that the Nexus 10 could be made by HTC and that the Nexus 8 could be made by LG or even Asus. Interesting as it is to discuss, as I/O draws closer, Google has given us a tease with the following image of what appears to be a new table on the Google I/O main page and remembering my HTC Flyer, I can see a strong indication that this device comes from HTC. It is possible that the image has been modified as an intentional misdirection from Google, but only time will tell.

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman