March 29, 2024, 12:53:35 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Stuck at Google Screen won't do anything HELP  (Read 14215 times)

Offline Cr8zyJay

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Stuck at Google Screen won't do anything HELP
« on: June 12, 2014, 06:14:47 AM »
Ok I'm pretty good with Windows but I know nothing at all about Android. So I got this tablet off a site the guy said it needed a new motherboard which I never heard of. He said he didn't do anything to it it just stopped loading one day.

So I go all over and find all the little tricks to try and make it work. I did the power and volume button thing. I tried to reset it with the Rootkit program. I even tried to get SDK but that won't run on my PC for some reason.

Anyway what is happening is the tablet gets stuck on the Google word. I see nothing before that and it stays on that forever. I waited 15 minutes and nothing. When I try the rootkit program it gets stuck when it tries to reboot. The tablet just never turns back on. I can get it to boot into the bootloader screen. But nothing after that is functional. So what are my options here? If any. I'm hoping I can fix it. I am pretty quick at picking stuff up but this one is really stumping me.

Any help or advice or direction would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

Ok so when I do the Soft Brick Flash Stock + Unroot everything works up until the command prompt attempts to reboot. It turns off and never turns back on  The last paragraph of the cmd prompt reads as follows and is what may be the issue. It reads

sending 'bootloader' <2100kb>
FAILED <remote: Bootloader is locked.>
finished. total time:0.145s
rebooting into bootloader...
OKAY [ 0.020s]

So I'm thinking it has something to do with this FAILED section as everything else works with no issues. Also after this I'm stuck at the < waiting for device > and my tablet doesn't power back on. I have a 100% charge and did all the driver stuff first.

Any ideas?????

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck at Google Screen won't do anything HELP
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 07:32:05 AM »
Which toolkit? Can you try to unlock the bootloader. Fastboot OEM unlock.

sent by mirrorflash Morse code

Offline birdastrompgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 08:53:31 AM »
Windows 8? I've heard of Win8 driver problems, but none with Win7. Has to be Wugfresh's toolkit, as Skipsoft doesn't have a soft brick undo option.

Use a Windows 7 computer, a USB 2.0 port that's directly connected to the motherboard, and run the "fastboot devices" command to be sure your device is recognized. Then try the "fastboot oem unlock" command.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 08:57:03 AM by birdastrompgman »
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline Cr8zyJay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 10:42:45 AM »
Your on the money! I only have Windows 8 and yes that is the Root Kit I'm using. I'm going to try this oem unlock manually but I'm unable to get Android SDK to load. I download every available option from the website and when I go to load it the cmd prompt opens then closes right away :(

Offline Cr8zyJay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 10:53:38 AM »
Which toolkit? Can you try to unlock the bootloader. Fastboot OEM unlock.

Ok I just tried doing that manually and got this on the cmd prompt

FAILED <remote: <Unknown error code>>

Offline matt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 11:48:11 AM »
Well,you have to get the device connected and in recovery first. Should say fastboot mode at the bottom. If it isn't seen with ' fastboot devices' then drivers, port, cable. Find the SDK sub folder with the fastboot and adb commands, shift right click to open a command prompt in that folder.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 05:20:35 PM by matt »

Offline Cr8zyJay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 12:51:43 PM »
Well,you have to get the device connected and in recovery first. Should say fastboot mode at the bottom. If it isn't seen with ' fastboot devices' then drivers, port, cable. Find the SDK sub folder with the fastboot and adb commands, right click to open a command prompt in that folder.

I can get into the menu with the little android guy on his back with his chest open. My options are Start, Recovery, Restart Bootloader and Power Down. I'm unable to get to any other screens.

Also I'm running Windows 8 and it won't run the SDK files from the Android Dev Site. I'm at a real loss on this one!

Offline matt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 01:14:07 PM »
That's it, should be some small copy on that screen starting with fastboot mode in red. I'll search for win8 drivers.

Offline matt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 01:21:47 PM »
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2533744

I don't have win8, but the problem may be the USB drivers, see above.

Offline Cr8zyJay

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 01:24:27 PM »
I can manually get it to reboot with command prompt but only in that menu I can't access anything else. I've tried to unlock the bootloader and it gives me an error. Everything I try when the tablet goes to reboot it just stays off. Or it goes right back to that Google screen and freezes.

Offline Cr8zyJay

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 02:39:38 PM »
Well,you have to get the device connected and in recovery first. Should say fastboot mode at the bottom. If it isn't seen with ' fastboot devices' then drivers, port, cable. Find the SDK sub folder with the fastboot and adb commands, right click to open a command prompt in that folder.

Ok I got my hands on a Windows 7 Laptop. The driver says Google Nexus Bootloader. What command should I be typing in? It's not my computer but I can download from a flash drive any files I would need. Any help would be great as Wugfresh still isn't working for anything even on the Windows 7

Offline matt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 03:31:26 PM »
You'll need the SDK on that computer for the fastboot command.

First, did you try a factory reset from recovery? From boot loader choose recovery, then there's the android on its back with no command. Next hold pwr and  momentarily press volume up.

Google Nexus 7 2013 Hard Factory Reset Bootloader…:

Here's a video. If the recovery screen looks different I.e. no copy for fastboot mode and model info post back.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 05:21:50 PM by matt »

Offline matt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 03:49:51 PM »
If the skipsoft toolkit doesn't work, there's wugfresh toolkit. This is the 2012 nexus 7 correct?
From off hold pwr and vol down for boot loader menu. Cycle to recovery with vol and press pwr. This the no command screen. Hold pwr press vol up for recovery menu.

Offline matt

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 04:02:04 PM »
If factory reset doesn't get you past the Google logo bootloop, the SDK/platform tools folder contains the fastboot command. There's a way to install the right driver from the SDK or you can try a toolkit if Win7 doesn't install the right one when you connect it to the tablet in fastboot mode. Then you check with fastboot devices, unlock with fastboot OEM unlock, and download the correct factory image for your device, drop it into platform tools, unzip it twice and run flashall.bat. or a toolkit will automate this.

Offline matt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 04:42:47 PM »
Here's a link for quick adb/fastboot install.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979
Click the dev-host link and then the small black download button. The others are fake.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 05:17:41 PM by matt »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt