March 28, 2024, 03:05:23 PM

collapse

Author Topic: email app is only showing most recent inboxes  (Read 1671 times)

Offline oliface

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
email app is only showing most recent inboxes
« on: July 27, 2012, 04:33:32 AM »
So I got my N7 recently. I've got my gmail app logged in and also my email app logged into my hotmail.
Thing is.... The email app is only showing the most recent inboxes, and every time it refreshes, the older ones are pushed out by the new ones. The list of emails doesn't even reach the bottom of the screen!

Even when I search for my older emails, the search results are empty?!

I've fiddled around with the settings to no avail, and frankly it's quite annoying if the email app only lets me see my most recent posts.

Has anyone had the same problem as me or does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks guys!

Offline chaikenj

• Popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: email app is only showing most recent inboxes
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 12:42:18 PM »

Has anyone had the same problem as me or does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

I have almost the same thing -- only the latest messages show up on the screen, plus seven messages from March that I have no idea how they got selected to show up.  I also don't know if this is how the email app is supposed to work.

Offline pduffer

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 05:54:47 PM »
Under settings in the email app, you can specify how much data to sync.  With your email open, click on the menu button (3 squares) at the top right, then click on sync options, then days to sync.  Sounds like you probably want to select all.

Offline chaikenj

• Popularity: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 11:54:16 AM »
Under settings in the email app, you can specify how much data to sync.  With your email open, click on the menu button (3 squares) at the top right, then click on sync options, then days to sync.  Sounds like you probably want to select all.

I cleaned up my email inbox using a computer, and now the Nexus7 email app works fine with the default 30-day sync.  The emails that I put into folders can be viewed if I want to, but I didn't try to sync folders other than inbox and sentmail

Offline oliface

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 04:11:42 PM »

Thanks, man. It worked!
Now all my emails are showing =)

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt