2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 General Discussion

Nexus 7 Developer Tab?

(1/2) > >>

thelem:
Bear with me here...a little complicated for me.

I had a Google Nexus 7 that I sent in to Asus for warranty/repair. They determined that the issue was not covered under warranty and sent my tablet back to me.

When it arrived, however, it was not the tablet that I had sent in. Now, I'm not really complaining, because the one that I had sent in was non-functional and had a cracked screen...

But...the one that they sent also is a unit with which I'm not familiar; it has no Google associations, it has tools/apps I have never seen, and it does not appear that I can update it from Jelly Bean...

I loved my Nexus 7 but I am not a developer or an advanced user, necessarily, just a basic tablet user/google customer.

Am I looking at a some type of developer mode? Is there any way to update to KitKat and resume using Google Play, Gmail, etc.?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

S.Prime:
Go to Settings then About and post the information that you find. I suspect that you have a custom ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

birdastrompgman:
Asus makes a number of 7 inch tablets. The About Tablet query will tell us a lot.

thelem:
I will post that info as soon as I'm back in front of my tablet today. Thanks!

thelem:
Here ya go:

Model number: Full Android on Grouper
Android Version: 4.1.1
Baseband Version: Unknown
Kernel version: 3.1.10-00001-g2cd7831android@Uranus)) #! SMP PREEMPT Wed Jan 2 17:28:16
Build number: full-grouper-eng 4.1.1 JRO03C full_grouper-0.0.1.25-2-1301102 test-keys

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version