March 18, 2024, 09:17:15 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Chromecast Now Offers Native Android Device Mirroring  (Read 4986 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Chromecast Now Offers Native Android Device Mirroring
« on: July 09, 2014, 03:00:54 PM »

Chromecast now lets you mirror your screen natively via your Android tablet or phone.  No 3rd party app required.  This was a functionality that was discussed and promised during Google I/O a couple of weeks ago and now they've followed through.  Chromecast apps will now show a 'cast screen' option and Nexus devices will even have the option in the settings menu so you don't have to use the Chromecast app itself.  This is an awesome feature that makes your Android device and Chromecast even more powerful.  I'll be surfing my web and using my big screen tv while controlling it all from my Nexus 7 from now on.  The update is rolling out as we speak and over the next few days in both the Chromecast app via a 1.7 update as well as individual updates for various phones by Samsung, LG, HTC and others.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 03:06:22 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Chromecast Now Offers Native Android Device Mirroring
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 04:48:40 PM »
There's a slight 1/3 second lag, but games are playable.

sent by mirrorflash Morse code

Offline Scott99

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 02:43:27 PM »
Great new Nexus 7/Chromecast feature, a lot of fun to cast my 7" tablet on to my 46" Samsung TV. Makes the Chromecast well worth the $35.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 08:29:27 PM »
Agreed.  It's a great little device.  Make sure to check out our Chromecast Forum at www.ChromecastForum.net.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman