March 28, 2024, 09:33:27 AM

collapse

Author Topic: 1000 members - When will we and do we throw a party? Take a guess on the date.  (Read 11236 times)

Offline coolbreeze

• Popularity: 6
    • View Profile
Looks like we are adding around 15 to 20 new members a day, which I imagine will escalate once the next wave of N7's hit in August. I would think that by then we add 30 or more a day, so i'm looking at a max of 30 days from now or August 27 we hit 1000 members. To me that sounds like a big achievement, and one worth looking forward too.

Would like to hear from the mod's on what are notable benchmarks in the growth of a new site and where do you see this site ultimately growing to.

Current members can reply with their guess of the date they think we hit 1000 members here at Nexus 7 forum. Maybe the Mod's can come up with a prank gift for the member that gets it right, or even better a real price?

So my official guess as stated above is  August 27. Winner is the closest to the date without going over. I can keep a running list of members and their guess on this post and will keep it updated. Should have a cutoff for entry by date or by members count. Thinking like once we hit 600 members.

Member                                                   Date guess made                          Date we hit 1000
Cool Breeze                                             July 27                                           August 27
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:00:42 AM by coolbreeze »

Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Funny you started this topic coolbreeze because I was just pondering some of what you bring up last night.  The site was officially started one month ago Wednesday, June 25th so we're just starting our 2nd month here.  We've been adding between 10 and 20 new members (sometimes more) a day although there's some variation.  Yesterday, 7/26, we added 23 new members but on Tuesday, 7/24,  it was only 12.  Overall however, the #s have definitely been moving up week to week... although I expect we'll stay in this range until the next wave of 16GB Nexus 7s ship as you say sometime in August. 

I should probably refrain from putting in a guess of when we'll hit 1000 since I'm an admin and have detailed stats to go by.  I'm hoping that as our membership increases and page view numbers continue to rise we'll get some sponsorships for the forum that might enable us to get some sample products and accessories etc to periodically give out to forum members. 

We really want to make this forum as useful, user friendly and informative for our members as possible so the direction it grows will largely be influenced with the kinds of things our forum members would like to see.  As always if you have a suggestion for a front page article...or a new board or category please let us know.   We've got some ideas of our own but of course would love your input.   Also if there's any additional 'features' that you think might make the forum a better place feel free to suggest them.  We added both the Google+ follow button and tapatalk after suggestions from forum members in the first few days and they were great additions that have been used by forum members.   
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
I just appreciate that you guys have this forum on tappatalk

Offline coolbreeze

• View Profile
Looking like my guess of the 27th of Aug as the date we hit 1000 members will be close.
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
I just appreciate that you guys have this forum on tappatalk

Yeah, I just a few minutes before I read your post, downloaded tappatalk.  Pretty cool looking/working app.  Will be fun to explore!

r
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

JayJ

Tapatalk is how I found this forum, been using it for a couple years now and my main interface with most forums I use.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Coolbreeze-  looks like we're gonna beat your prediction of August 27th to hit 1000 members by a few days.  At present rate of new members of about 25-30 a day we should hit the 1000 mark on Monday, August 20th or Tuesday, the 21st the latest.   You were pretty darn close though...nice predictive powers you have there!
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline coolbreeze

• View Profile
How about helping a guy out here and kick around 75 members out so we hit 1000 on the 27th. ;)
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
Oh right.... ::)
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Congratulations to larry17....our 1000th member!   Looks like today, August 20th, was the day.  Sorry Coolbreeze....we beat your date by a cool week!  :P
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 07:35:39 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Offline coolbreeze

• View Profile
Very happy for the forum. That is a great milestone.  Congrats!
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks and thank you to all our members for being part of our fast growth.   For the record Nexus7Forum.com was started on June 25th.   Today, August 20th, marks 56 days in total so exactly 2 months or 8 weeks to reach 1000 members.  Now who wants to venture a guess for the date of our 2000th member?

Offline coolbreeze

• View Profile
If Google is selling 8 million units in 2012 I might stick with my August 27.
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ha...funny guy!   Somehow I doubt we'll get 1000 members in a week.   I'll make a prediction though.  October 12th.   That's my prediction for 2000 members. 

Offline coolbreeze

• View Profile
If it took 8 weeks to go from 0 to 1000 I will then predict 4 weeks to 2000 or  Sept.20
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts