March 28, 2024, 08:57:12 AM

collapse

Author Topic: New Forum: TheAppleWatchForum.com  (Read 2992 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
New Forum: TheAppleWatchForum.com
« on: September 12, 2014, 11:07:25 AM »

With the introduction of the Apple Watch during Apple's special event on September 9th, 2014 in Cupertino, the company has entered the competitive smart watch market.  We'd like to welcome you to a new forum we just started where we hope to build the most dynamic Apple Watch community anywhere.  Priced starting at $349 and available in three versions, the Apple Watch, Apple Watch Sport and Apple Watch Edition, each also allows for an almost limitless variety of bands from leather to rubber to stainless steel and other materials and designs.  The Apple Watch is expected to arrive in early 2015, and promises to be a breakthrough device and one that all Apple aficionados will want.  Please join us at www.theapplewatchforum.com. And remember, for our Android aficionados interested in Android smart watches we also have an Android Wear forum at www.androidwearforum.com.  Hopefully we'll see you at both!

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum: TheAppleWatchForum.com
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 06:56:01 PM »
Phhhht.

Sent from my Le Pan TC1020 using Tapatalk

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 07:40:56 PM »
I know, I know...this is an Android forum.  However a sizable minority also use Apple products so we try and cover both OS's in our network of communities.  Be nice!
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 07:51:39 PM »
My take is until the smartwatch (Android or IOS) is a stand alone device, it will see limited success.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 08:02:58 PM »
I think S. Prime is correct.  The apple watch is just going to be another toy like so many others.  When Google glass debuted, it was going to change the world.  Now a little over a year later hardly any tech sites mention it.

When I retired from the Navy in 1989, one of the first things I did was take off my watch.  I have worn one since.  The tech companies will have to create one heck of a product to get me to go back.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline matt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 09:02:27 AM »
I've been ignoring the  android smart watches as I don't have a cell phone, or wear watches. Now that apple has jumped on the bandwagon in typical fashion I'm even more disinterested. To each his own.

sent by mirrorflash Morse code

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 11:37:20 AM »
I pretty much agree with S. Prime on this.  I think that as long as you need a phone or tablet to tether to for the best functions then smart watches will be relegated to geek or niche devices.   Only when they are stand alone devices that can make calls and access the net will they have a shot in getting to the mainstream.  The problem is that even if they are standalone for phone calls, the screens will never be big enough to web browse comfortably.  I think 10 years from now we'll each have a large screen phone/phablet on us but a smart watch?  I'm not so sure.  Regardless, it's still interesting to follow how the technology develops.

Offline matt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 12:12:34 PM »
A dick Tracy videophone watch seems like a good idea, but one knock against a doorknob or forgetful dive into the pool would relegate this expensive tech to my drawer of broken dreams.

I'll wait for a ring with holographic projection and hand gesture recognition. Right after I win the lottery.

sent by mirrorflash Morse code
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 12:19:02 PM by matt »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt