2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 Storage and Backup

Need help connecting Skydrive

(1/2) > >>

bushmaster2000:
I'm having a heck of a time trying to get Skydrive connected up, anyone had some success with that?

I've setup a Windows Live account in settings
I've tried the FX File Explorer app and it says the Windows Live ID is experiencing difficulties, try again later
I've tried the ES Explorer app and it says 'auth error'
Neither of those two file explorer apps ever ask me for account information for skydrive

The only app i've had any luck with is Explorer for Skydrive, it actually asks for account information and connects up just fine.  Problem with it is it can't 'read' PDF files and 99% of my content up there are PDF files i need.  So this app isn't useful to me even though it works.

Any help would be appreciated.

Drew:
I'm guessing you downloaded Adobe.  I thought Skydrive had been updated to"read" PDF?  Maybe dependent on the browser you are using.  Are there any PDF readers that will "sync" with Sky drive so you don't have to use separately?

Sorry, just trying to think of anything that would help.

bushmaster2000:
Yes I do have the adobe reader installed.  I'm not sure if there's a sync util but I don't really want to download the contents of my skydrive onto my nexus anyway. 

I've gotten the ES and FX browsers slightly farther, they are at least now presenting me with a login page but still fail right putting in the correct credentials.  So i'm guessing ES and FX browsers need a jelly bean update.  Seems like Jelly Bean has changed some significant under the hood stuff and there are  plenty of reports in the same family of issues that i'm having.  Apps just need to be updated.

I've tried pretty much every app out there for Skydrive except the one that costs $1.99.  I've emailed them to ask if their product can view PDF files and if they work on JellyBean before i lay down my 2 bucks.

Drew:
I think part of it is JB also.  Sorry I couldn't help.

You do have 15 mins. to use a paid app.  Then you can go back to the screen where you installed the app and get a refund.
If you could test it in that time, you might find a keeper!

deluxe:
OK, I know this may well be a PITA, but maybe it's worth trying.
What about renaming all the .pdf files as .txt (or something equally "innocuous" for example), then see if they will open on the N7. You may have to download the .txt/.pdf you want to the N7, rename it to .pdf, then view it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version