2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 General Discussion

Lollipop!.... when?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Jim1348:
I might have to try that, too.  I did the update and mine is also sluggish.  I mainly use it to watch TV through DISH Anywhere and Sling.  They are slow to start up and often stop working in the middle of a session.

Update:  I did do this earlier today and it is quite an improvement.  I should have done this sooner!

NSILMike:
Now I hear 5.1.1 has been spotted on Nexus 7, 2013.

Tronmech:
Have 5.1.1 on my 2012 Nexus 7. Awful. LollyLag.

Bob_Carmody:
I've noticed that each new update to my 2012 nexus make it a bit faster. 5.1.1 seems actually a little worse that 5.1.
Your mileage may vary.

I agree that this device NEVER should have gotten lollipop. Kitkat ran very smoothly.
Now I get lots of Application not responding windows.

grumpy.mh:

--- Quote from: dbart on March 09, 2015, 06:44:27 AM ---
--- Quote from: deadhead18 on March 09, 2015, 02:38:04 AM ---Installed 5.0.2 when it arrived (previously using 4.4.4) and struggled for the weeks with slow operation, taking up to 30 second to respond to a key press. Frequent crashing and freezing. Eventually reverted to 4.4.4 and much relieved. That took me some time issuing with fresh and lost a lot of info in process... Couldn't use Titanium back up as I wasn't rooted. After this experience I am reluctant to upgrade until a lot of users say 5.0.2 is stable and worthwhile.
Deadhead 18

--- End quote ---

I had the same problem when my Nexus 2012 went to 5.0.2. Clearing out the cache didn't seem to help. I finally did a factory reset  :o and my Nexus is running pretty good. There are still some problems however. I used to have the WiFi turn off when asleep but found out that caused a lot of problems when the Nexus woke up. I now leave the WiFi on all the time (default) and find that battery life isn't a problem. I charge the Nexus in the morning for about three hours and it will last me all day long. I usually run it down to about 20%.

There are other problems with occasional hang ups especially with the Chrome browser and Google search. Also occasional hangups with Gmail. I am hoping that 5.1 will fix these problems.  ;D

--- End quote ---
Go into settings & turn your location off , reboot . it's helped my n7 2012, hope it helps you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version