March 28, 2024, 03:31:25 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Lollipop!.... when?  (Read 8313 times)

Offline NSILMike

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
Lollipop!.... when?
« on: December 11, 2014, 02:43:41 PM »
Any feedback on performance, etc. ?
And how many folks have it (5.0 or 5.01) yet? 

Offline nicholas.howard.779

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Lollipop!.... when?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 02:48:27 PM »
Hi got it last night 5.01 up to now all working great faster pertomace

Offline rasmith1959

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 08:25:31 AM »
I downloaded the 5.0 factory image over a week ago and flashed it to my Nexus 7 and had a few problems. Had a few apps (mostly games) that didn't want to run at a first, but a simple uninstall and reinstall solved the problem. Got the OTA update to 5.0.1 a coup!e of days ago and no problems so far. Battery life seems to have improved a little...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Offline cliff5550

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 03:03:39 PM »
Our 2012 Nexus 7 is basically useless since receiving 5.0 over a week ago. Slow, poor battery life, apps that won't work, screen locks, etc. Still haven't received 5.0.1 and I wish I'd never downloaded 5.0. However, our 2013 Nexus 7 seems to be fine. Not a great improvement from before but at least it's working.

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 06:23:38 PM »
The 2012 is skipping straight to 5.0.2. When is a guess but the factory image is up and can be flashed with fastboot or a toolkit. This image seems to be only for the first generation nexus 7 and meant to solve the device specific problems.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 06:43:49 PM by matt »

Offline matt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 06:42:32 PM »
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Sorry, no update files yet, only the factory image which will wipe user data. Unless you remove -w from one of the commands.

Offline matt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 06:47:02 PM »
One of the bugs is fstrim, which is scheduled to run at midnight. But only if the device is on (asleep) and charging. If you power down every night it can cause some major lag...

Offline NSILMike

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 11:01:26 AM »

Offline deadhead18

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 02:38:04 AM »
Installed 5.0.2 when it arrived (previously using 4.4.4) and struggled for the weeks with slow operation, taking up to 30 second to respond to a key press. Frequent crashing and freezing. Eventually reverted to 4.4.4 and much relieved. That took me some time issuing with fresh and lost a lot of info in process... Couldn't use Titanium back up as I wasn't rooted. After this experience I am reluctant to upgrade until a lot of users say 5.0.2 is stable and worthwhile.
Deadhead 18

K8HW

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 06:44:27 AM »
Installed 5.0.2 when it arrived (previously using 4.4.4) and struggled for the weeks with slow operation, taking up to 30 second to respond to a key press. Frequent crashing and freezing. Eventually reverted to 4.4.4 and much relieved. That took me some time issuing with fresh and lost a lot of info in process... Couldn't use Titanium back up as I wasn't rooted. After this experience I am reluctant to upgrade until a lot of users say 5.0.2 is stable and worthwhile.
Deadhead 18

I had the same problem when my Nexus 2012 went to 5.0.2. Clearing out the cache didn't seem to help. I finally did a factory reset  :o and my Nexus is running pretty good. There are still some problems however. I used to have the WiFi turn off when asleep but found out that caused a lot of problems when the Nexus woke up. I now leave the WiFi on all the time (default) and find that battery life isn't a problem. I charge the Nexus in the morning for about three hours and it will last me all day long. I usually run it down to about 20%.

There are other problems with occasional hang ups especially with the Chrome browser and Google search. Also occasional hangups with Gmail. I am hoping that 5.1 will fix these problems.  ;D

Offline Jim1348

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Lollipop!.... When?
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2015, 08:14:47 AM »
I might have to try that, too.  I did the update and mine is also sluggish.  I mainly use it to watch TV through DISH Anywhere and Sling.  They are slow to start up and often stop working in the middle of a session.

Update:  I did do this earlier today and it is quite an improvement.  I should have done this sooner!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 05:01:56 PM by Jim1348 »

Offline NSILMike

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 09:19:27 AM »
Now I hear 5.1.1 has been spotted on Nexus 7, 2013.

Offline Tronmech

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 07:57:12 PM »
Have 5.1.1 on my 2012 Nexus 7. Awful. LollyLag.

Offline Bob_Carmody

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 09:59:55 PM »
I've noticed that each new update to my 2012 nexus make it a bit faster. 5.1.1 seems actually a little worse that 5.1.
Your mileage may vary.

I agree that this device NEVER should have gotten lollipop. Kitkat ran very smoothly.
Now I get lots of Application not responding windows.
Using Tapatalk

Offline grumpy.mh

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 12:01:04 PM »
Deadhead 18

I had the same problem when my Nexus 2012 went to 5.0.2. Clearing out the cache didn't seem to help. I finally did a factory reset  :o and my Nexus is running pretty good. There are still some problems however. I used to have the WiFi turn off when asleep but found out that caused a lot of problems when the Nexus woke up. I now leave the WiFi on all the time (default) and find that battery life isn't a problem. I charge the Nexus in the morning for about three hours and it will last me all day long. I usually run it down to about 20%.

There are other problems with occasional hang ups especially with the Chrome browser and Google search. Also occasional hangups with Gmail. I am hoping that 5.1 will fix these problems.  ;D
Go into settings & turn your location off , reboot . it's helped my n7 2012, hope it helps you

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman