April 19, 2024, 12:56:45 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Lollipop!.... when?  (Read 8351 times)

K8HW

Re: Lollipop!.... when?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 10:47:54 AM »
Installed 5.0.2 when it arrived (previously using 4.4.4) and struggled for the weeks with slow operation, taking up to 30 second to respond to a key press. Frequent crashing and freezing. Eventually reverted to 4.4.4 and much relieved. That took me some time issuing with fresh and lost a lot of info in process... Couldn't use Titanium back up as I wasn't rooted. After this experience I am reluctant to upgrade until a lot of users say 5.0.2 is stable and worthwhile.
Deadhead 18

I had the same problem when my Nexus 2012 went to 5.0.2. Clearing out the cache didn't seem to help. I finally did a factory reset  :o and my Nexus is running pretty good. There are still some problems however. I used to have the WiFi turn off when asleep but found out that caused a lot of problems when the Nexus woke up. I now leave the WiFi on all the time (default) and find that battery life isn't a problem. I charge the Nexus in the morning for about three hours and it will last me all day long. I usually run it down to about 20%.

There are other problems with occasional hang ups especially with the Chrome browser and Google search. Also occasional hangups with Gmail. I am hoping that 5.1 will fix these problems.  ;D
Go into settings & turn your location off , reboot . it's helped my n7 2012, hope it helps you

Many thanks for the tip grumpy.mh. Turning off location has appeared to help my situation A LOT! As time goes on, my Nexus has turned into a pile of crap. Constant slow downs, black screens and reboots. I wish I had never seen Lollipop. I looked into putting KitKat back on, but I turned chicken!

At least I can get some use out of my tablet now even though I really miss the location feature. Again thanks!

Offline grumpy.mh

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 11:08:02 AM »
Same here, I have the n7 2012 & didn't realise how tasty a kit kat really is. ;-)
B lucki

Offline grumpy.mh

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 02:35:46 PM »
Another great one if you can do without Facebook & fb messager is uninstall them & reboot , my one seems 100% better, don't install fb as it really bugs it, luckily I've got fb on my phone

K8HW

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 09:17:08 AM »
I would like to post an update on my Nexus adventure.

I shut off Location but was missing some functionally for some apps. I turned Location back on BUT I set it for GPS only. The tablet is still working very well and I have some missing functionality back! The only thing I lost is being able to locate and brick the tablet remotely. I don't see this as a big problem as I am very careful with the tablet. I also noticed some time there is a lag when waking the tablet up. I disabled the Auto Rotate and that solved the problem.

I booted into safe mode and turned on all the functionality for Location and discovered I was having the same problems. That proves that the problem is NOT being caused by any third party apps.

I put Location back to GPS only and the Nexus 7 is now running as good as when it came out of box!  ;D

Offline grumpy.mh

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 05:29:10 PM »
Turn off location. Delete Facebook & Facebook Messenger, clear the cache & reboot..its the dogzz

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts