2013 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (2nd Generation, Nexus 7 FHD, Nexus 7.2) > New Nexus 7 Android OS (2nd Gen)

Help needed with Lollipop Clock alarm

(1/1)

chaikenj:
Can anyone explain how to get the Clock alarm to make a sound when the Nexus7 is showing a lock screen under Android 5 Lollipop?  I see there are different volumes for Alarm and Notifications, but I don't get any sound from the alarm no matter what I do with the volumes.  My Nexus7 has multiple users -- does it matter who sets the alarm?  Does it matter whether notifications are on or off for the Clock app? I have "notifications when screen is locked" set to "Don't show any notifications" -- assuming that "show" doesn't mean "sound".  But obviously I'm doing something wrong.

When I set the alarm and leave the Nexus7 alone for several hours, it will be showing the lock screen.  Do I have to change something about that to get the Clock alarm to work?

The KitKat Clock alarm worked perfectly without any exasperation....  I just set it and it rang when the alarm time arrived.

S.Prime:
Under Sounds and Notifications/When Device is Locked set it to Show All Notification Content and your alarm will work with the screen locked. Purchasing an alarm app from the Play Store will give you more options, if you need those.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

chaikenj:
Thanks Prime. I don't want anyone to see my notifications on the lock screen. So I'm trying an alarm app that overrides the notification setting.  But... why doesn't the built-in Clock app override as well...?

S.Prime:
Let's see if Google changed that in 5.1.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version