March 29, 2024, 08:25:38 AM

collapse

Author Topic: getting my Nexus 7 tomorrow, what accessories/apps to get?  (Read 2885 times)

Offline Kyi

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
getting my Nexus 7 tomorrow, what accessories/apps to get?
« on: July 29, 2012, 07:45:47 PM »
Hello all! New here. Decided to post here instead of the introductions forum since I wanted to ask some questions.

I was on facebook the other day and noticed a picture of the Nexus 7 posted by G4. I was instantly intrigued, because I had been wanting an Android tablet for a while, especially since I'm using a Nexus S 4G phone. I bought a Blackberry Playbook in January and have been using it daily with no problems, but the lack of apps really made me regret my purchase, and wishing I had gotten an Android tablet instead. But luckily, I was able to sell it so now I'm going to get the Nexus 7! Brandsmart USA is having a free tax sale until 8/11, so if you have a Brandsmart near you and haven't gotten your tablet yet, I highly suggest you call and see if they have them in stock! I've been scouring the internet to find a 16GB model since Google is sold out of them, and I ended up placing my order at Radioshack online, but was very disappointed to see that I was charged a sales tax! So when I found out Brandsmart had a bunch of 16GB models just ready to be snagged up, I immediately cancelled my Radioshack order.

I also picked up this beautiful case + accessories on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/170881449856?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649), for only about $12 with free shipping, you get the case (lots of different colors), usb cable, stylus, screen protector, cable tie, earphone cord, and micro fiber cloth!

I'm also ordering an OTG cable plus a longer USB/Mini B cable since I recently discovered I can use my Playstation 3 controller to play games on the Nexus 7. I think that is so cool! You can buy these for very cheap on Amazon!

Am I missing anything?

Also, any recommendations on cool apps and fun games?

Offline Portsider

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: getting my Nexus 7 tomorrow, what accessories/apps to get?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 10:12:42 PM »
Greetings, Kyi. I also ordered a very nice case from amazon, as well. Iv'e always liked the way amazon does business, and they seem to have a wide variety of cases available for the NX7, at very reasonable prices. as far as apps go, the 2 apps I immediately downloaded to my NX7 were beautiful widgets, and go-launcher ex.  The former, for the incredible number of beautiful clocks and weather widgets, and the latter, because of the sheer amount of customization possible for homescreens, app docks, app drawer, and transition animations. Also, one of my favorite apps is 'go keyboard'. It's amazing how cool a custom background behind a cool keyboard can be. Loads of themes, as well.

These are a few of my early downloads. I'm sure you will get many replies with others.
NX7...Official tablet of the Dark Knight

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 05:34:22 AM »
I agree with Portsider on choosing an option to replace the stock keyboard, but my personal choice is SwiftKey for tablets with its sense technology. Also look at Tapatalk for quick access to forums. I am also sure you will get lots of suggestions.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Undo

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 07:19:37 AM »
I've enjoyed Flipboard and Pulse; both for news.

Offline The Nexus Project

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 08:33:46 AM »
My accessories : RooCASE (Got a deal on the Kindle Fire version) ,Carbon Fiber Ghost Armor (Custom cut\Gunmetal Grey).Targus Stylus & Neoprene Pouch.  Crystal Screen Protectors (Dry Application)Monster Jams(Earbuds)

Must Haves:(Apps.) Dead Trigger, Nova Prime,Titanium Backup, Asphalt 7,Plume, Dark Meadows, Tegra Zone, Nvision.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 08:35:55 AM by The Nexus Project »

Zell

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 12:08:59 PM »
I'm waiting for a decent case/cover to come out before I settle on something that's out there right now.  The availability of these accessories is pretty limited.  Until then I ordered this from Amazon to hold me over and offer some good protection for my N7:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008BXSY7E/ref=ox_ya_os_product

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman