2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 Connect (MicroUSB, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, Pogo Pin)

Uses for the Micro USB Port?

(1/6) > >>

erik:
I bought a Micro USB Male to USB A Female Adapter and have successfully hooked up my Nexus 7 to a USB keyboard. But given that an unrooted Nexus 7 doesn't support thumb drives, I'm wondering what other uses this port has—especially since they don't exactly make tons of drivers for the Nexus 7. Is anyone here using the USB port for anything other than a keyboard?

Drew:
You can use it as you would any USB except for storage (unless rooted). The main use would probably be transferring info/pics/music to and from a computer

erik:
Drew, have you managed to transfer photos from a camera to the Nexus 7? I have the necessary USB adapters but I don't see any way to get the Nexus 7 to recognize my camera. I'm thinking the same restrictions against the Nexus 7 accessing thumb drives and flash storage apply here. But please let me know if I'm mistaken, if this task can in fact be accomplished through an unrooted Nexus 7.

Babyfacemagee:
I wrote a front page article all about the microUSB here that will answer most of your questions:  http://nexus7forum.com/index.php?topic=336.0

Drew:

--- Quote from: erik on July 30, 2012, 12:34:51 AM ---Drew, have you managed to transfer photos from a camera to the Nexus 7? I have the necessary USB adapters but I don't see any way to get the Nexus 7 to recognize my camera. I'm thinking the same restrictions against the Nexus 7 accessing thumb drives and flash storage apply here. But please let me know if I'm mistaken, if this task can in fact be accomplished through an unrooted Nexus 7.

--- End quote ---

I haven't, simply because I am still waiting for my adapter for micro to micro...for now, I transfer camera to laptop and then to N7.  I will let you know when I get it, unless someone else responds with their experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version