March 28, 2024, 01:12:11 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Should i Buy one?  (Read 5232 times)

d900bad

Should i Buy one?
« on: July 30, 2012, 06:26:40 AM »
delete topic
thanks.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 05:27:11 PM by d900bad »

Offline The Nexus Project

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Should i Buy one?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 08:39:38 AM »
Definitely worth picking up some Tier 1 hardware for $199-249.I've pretty much ignored my GNex since purchasing a 7

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 08:44:51 AM »
Well that depends. Do you want a tablet? Do you know what they do? What would you use it for?

Offline rhianlopez

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 09:38:59 AM »
You should buy if you are looking for devices of this size. The sise is just right, smaller than a tablet but bigger than a phone suitable  enough for any activity. The portability is good without sacrificing performance as it is packed with a quad-core processor more than that of most tablet. I'll say it's a good buy as any other product that google had introduced before. http://www.techyv.com/questions/killing-features-google-nexus-tablet check this for the other features of the tablet

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 09:50:17 AM »
BTW, they are again selling the N7 16GB for the original price (no price gouging like on eBay) on Google Play.

radio
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline Kyi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 10:57:00 AM »
If you have a Brandsmart USA near you, they have the 16GB models and NO TAX!! Also, I got a Blackberry Playbook tablet before because I have an Android phone and thought "Whats the point of a larger version of my phone?" So wrong. I loved my BB tablet, but I wish I had gotten an Android tablet to start off with. The 7 inch form factor is more accessible and comfortable to use than the 10inch ones. I just think the size is perfect and I use it all the time just chilling on the couch. In fact, I already sold my Playbook and I am headed to the store after my lunch to pick up the Nexus 7. The store told me they had 13 of the 16gb versions in stock so... pretty excited I can get the tablet today instead of waiting for my order to ship online (I cancelled it).

Offline Scott99

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 12:17:26 PM »
I have an iPhone 4, and I use my Nexus 7 tablet way more. Just the perfect form factor. Can't put mine down, love it.

Offline Portsider

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 08:34:32 PM »
Also, I got a Blackberry Playbook tablet before because I have an Android phone and thought "Whats the point of a larger version of my phone?" So wrong. I loved my BB tablet

I had a BB playbook at one time as well, Kyi. I ended up taking it back to Office Depot, and ultimately bought a galaxy tab 2 7.0. Of course, a proud NX7 owner now. And actually, I thought the playbook was a well made device with a gorgeous screen. The original shipped with NO NATIVE EMAIL CLIENT!Can you imagine a BB without native email.  And although the 2.0 firmware update resolved some of those oversites, it's lack of support and the scant BB app world, just doomed it. Otherwise, a decent device.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 08:36:31 PM by Portsider »
NX7...Official tablet of the Dark Knight

Zell

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 11:51:55 AM »
For $200 you can't go wrong.  It's definitely worth it.  Get one.  Today.

Offline Archie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 09:04:34 PM »
I don't know what size your Htc Sensation is but I've found that my Nexus 7 fits in my back pocket just right.

Don't know if that's justification but what the heck.

d900bad

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 08:00:01 AM »
hi, thank you so much for helping me. I think it is worth buying then as it can go well with my htc sensation.
Thank you.
By the way have you heard the rumours of a nexus 10 coming out?

Offline fxsarge

• View Profile
Re: Re: Should i Buy one?
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 09:44:48 AM »
hi, thank you so much for helping me. I think it is worth buying then as it can go well with my htc sensation.
Thank you.

I heard some people saying their may be one but I actually really like the 7 inch form factor.

Zell

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 02:56:29 PM »
Thank you.

I have not heard that rumor.  If so, I'm curious what the cost would be.  If the price was fairly close to that of an iPad (even $50 less), I'd get the iPad.  Awesome device.

Offline fxsarge

• View Profile
Re: Re: Should i Buy one?
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 05:37:01 AM »
Thank you.

I have not heard that rumor.  If so, I'm curious what the cost would be.  If the price was fairly close to that of an iPad (even $50 less), I'd get the iPad.  Awesome device.

Couldn't pay me to use an iPad. But I heard it would 349-399 depending on which memory option you choose.

Offline benjanos

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 11:30:08 AM »
Hey Team;

My confession...

Personally I really love my Nexus 7. Had it 2 weeks and I am over the hump of learning Android, so I am smiling. I am a long time iPad user, I think iPad is great, but at one point having something different and less restrictive is a breath of fresh air. I feel like an animal roaming free, not a battery chicken being told when to 'pay out'.

Common points / My opinion;
- 16GB max no SD card? Them's the breaks. It's a cheap device and someone decided to implement that limit. Well documented why. I find it strangely fun trying to optimize and not put too much music and movies on the little fella. Like the old Palm days.
- No back camera? Personally I don’t need it, so don’t care. If it was as good as an iPad3 I would not use it anyway, they are rubbish.
- 7"? I am in love. iPad size is great but always felt too big to me. + the little Nexus is so light, he comes everywhere, everytime.
- Build quality? I love it. The rubber back thingy beats an iPad to hold. For the price I think the quality and spec are great.
- Accessories? Seems some quality ones are coming through, good to see I am really looking for a quality landscape dock that uses this 4 pin connector
- Android not as polished as iPad? Yes. If you ain’t that smart, I recommend the iPad (just offened 4 Billion people!). If you prefer to play, Nexus/Android is wonderful.
- Screen rotation? Ultimate Rotation is very good and actually very configurable. Nice. I can tell it to stay in portrait for the Kindle app so I can read easy laying down. Sweet.
- Widgets? I love Android widgets! They make me smile  ;D
- Sound quality from speakers? Hmmmm… lets not go there. Can hear enough to watch a movie if there is no large background noise.
- Battery life? Not sure yet to be honest. BUT.. the power control widget is great to have on the desktop to ‘teak as you go’

My Apps so far;
- ES File Explorer
- DropBox
- BBC News
- Wikipedia
- aTorrent
- Google Finance
- Speedtest

Summary: The fella is a whole lot of fun.

Ciao

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts