March 18, 2024, 09:08:00 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Any Help With Go Launcher Ex?  (Read 2325 times)

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
Any Help With Go Launcher Ex?
« on: July 30, 2012, 11:24:40 AM »
Anyone out there a little more familiar with Go Launcher that can give me some tips?  I just downloaded GL Ex and I think I really like it, but...

It so totally changed my home pages and I don't know that I like the new look any better.  I think I like the new functionality better though.  Like now I have some 'lake' looking scene and not the Google background that I had grown accustomed to.  How can I get that back?  Also, where did my nice battery app go??  I see that they give me the option to download a 'Go battery' app, but I kinda liked the one I had before I launched GoLaunch Ex. 
This app is so customizable that I'm sure it can be set up the way I'd like it; using some of my old widgets and some of the GL widgets, having my old background that came with the N7 and some of the newer features of GL, but how???

Thanks for any guidance,

radio

Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline Portsider

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Any Help With Go Launcher Ex?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 06:29:35 PM »
Hey radiocycle.  Iv'e used GL. Ex as my default launcher since I received my NX7 a couple of weeks ago. I really like the sheer amount of customization possible with this launcher. I am also using a clock and weather widget courtesy of the'beautiful Widgets app, as the default GL. Clock. The one thing that I really love about GL. Ex, is the scrollable app dock at the bottom of the homescreen.  I can pretty much put every app. That I use on a daily basis right there on the homescreen, in a continuous scrolling 'ribbon'. Since I'm using a beautiful widgets clock and weather widget,.and a custom wallpaper courtesy of 'picspeed ' wallpapers,  my GL ex homescreen Doesn't look any less customized than the default launcher, which I've customized, as well.

But, as mentioned, the big reason that I use GL ex, besides the countless themes available for download, is that scrollable app dock. Now one thing, when you download and activate any 3rd party launcher, as long as you do not check the 'use as default ' box when you install GL. Ex,  you will always have the option to use GL or the default launcher whenever you unlock the tablet or hit the homescreen icon. That way you'll always have the option to use the default launcher if you're really partial to some of it's settings.

As far as getting your default items back as they appeared in the stock launcher, As I mentioned, as long as you don't set GL as your default launcher, you should always have the option to use the original launcher anytime you want.

I hope you enjoy GL. Ex. It's a well made, well supported app with tons of customization options. One of my favorites.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 07:18:03 PM by Portsider »
NX7...Official tablet of the Dark Knight

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Any Help With Go Launcher Ex?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 09:20:26 AM »
Thanks Portsider!

I am getting to like GL alright.  It's just that with it's very customizable interface I would think that I'd be able to keep any of the programs that I had in place before I downloaded GL Ex.  I had kinda gotten used to the stock backgrounds that came with the N7 and the weather program that I had all set up.  GL, it seems, wants me to download it's own version of weather and clock and use it's background.  I think it just might be that I'm still not familiar enough with how to use all the customization features, not that the program is bunk...  I'm going to look around for more info on how to use GL Ex and I think I'll be much more comfortable with it once I really know how to use all of it's many features.

r
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman