March 28, 2024, 09:58:58 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Volume Boosters / Speaker Issues......  (Read 2245 times)

Offline tfman

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Volume Boosters / Speaker Issues......
« on: October 28, 2012, 03:19:09 AM »
Hi Posters,

All going incredibly well with my month old N7, and the tips and help from the forum.

Suddenly, it is so much more important to me than I imagined possible and this
Spurs me on to use it carefully, properly and effectively.

Therefore I winder if I can ask advice on the issue of going for a volume boost and worrying
If I am getting a short term gain but maybe damaging the speakers. I installed an App Music Boost EQ and was very pleased to get quite an increase in volume immediately.

So the question is, will this damage the speaker by taking it beyond the preset levels?

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: Volume Boosters / Speaker Issues......
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 08:53:04 AM »
Unfortunately, the speakers have been known to fail.  This is one of the only known manufacturing flaws with the Nexus 7 (besides the screen lift of course).  I had issues with the speakers in one of mine as well, and I had made mods to increase the speaker volume. I would say that there is some considerable risk that you may damage the speakers.  Google has been issuing warranty replacements for those with blown speakers.  It is possible that you have a good set of speakers and increasing the volume will not disrupt their functionality.   I recommend doing some research on the blown speaker issue with the Nexus 7 and weigh the risk that you are taking.  Some will recommend to not exceed 80% stock volume, and to use an external source for any desired amplified volume. 

Offline tfman

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Volume Boosters / Speaker Issues......
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 12:59:31 PM »
This sums up my thoughts. thanks a lot.

No point taking any risks on a new device is there. I was running it a couple of notches
below top volume anyway.

Looking at the Booster App is has a "preset" level for rock which seems about 80 percent
anyway, so that will probably be the best way to go.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman