March 28, 2024, 04:11:25 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 and Gmail Auto Rotate  (Read 2151 times)

Offline rgaudin

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Nexus 7 and Gmail Auto Rotate
« on: August 02, 2012, 07:17:17 AM »
In Gmail, when I view an individual email (like an ad from Kohl’s) and hold my tablet vertically, the entire screen shows the ad.  Problem is that I have to scroll both horizontally and vertically to see the whole ad.  Now if I turn my table to the horizontal position I would expect the screen to rotate and to be wide enough so that I would only have to scroll vertically to see the entire ad.  But that doesn’t happen.   The screen rotates OK, but then splits into two panes.  On the left is the list of email folders and on the right is the ad I wish to view which is now half the size that it was when I held the tablet horizontally.
Is there a way to get rid of the folder list and have the entire screen display only the ad?

Dick

bigboss

Re: Nexus 7 and Gmail Auto Rotate
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 06:00:41 PM »
I like your suggestion. But I don't think the menu can be hidden in landscape mode. Maybe you can send this as a Feedback to Google!

Another solution could be to allow pinch and zoom, but I read that Google is not allowed to do that due to a patent by Apple :(

Offline rgaudin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 08:53:26 AM »
I would love to contact Google, but can't find a link.  Clicked on "Contact Us" but got to a screen about order in progress or questions before buying.  Clicked on the link for "Other" questions which brought me to a link where I clicked on "Contact Us" which broght me back to the original link.  Do you have a link where I can ask Google a question about my N7?

Offline deluxe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 11:59:56 AM »
Agree with you, would love this feature too.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman