March 29, 2024, 03:19:46 AM

collapse

Author Topic: How to stop unrequested downloads  (Read 4991 times)

Offline chaikenj

• Popularity: 7
    • View Profile
How to stop unrequested downloads
« on: August 02, 2012, 05:03:59 PM »
When the Nexus 7 arrives, it seems to be subscribed (for free?) to some magazines and other content that I don't want.  I removed the "My Library" widget from my home page but the content keeps downloading --  I don't know how to see the content but it is filling up my internal storage.  How can I find out what subscriptions I have on Google Play and stop the ones I don't want?  For example, let's say that right now I want to have no magazines whatsoever on my N7.

bigboss

Re: How to stop unrequested downloads
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 05:51:45 PM »
Well, those are on the cloud and should not be taking up internal storage. IF you need it downloaded, click the small pin icon on bottom right of the magazine. It would turn blue, once downloaded. You can click on the pin again to delete it.

To remove it once and for all from the play account, delete and hold and chose delete from library.

Edit: added more detail.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 06:25:38 PM by bigboss »

Offline chaikenj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 06:39:13 PM »
Well, those are on the cloud and should not be taking up internal storage. IF you need it downloaded, click the small pin icon on bottom right of the magazine. It would turn blue, once downloaded. You can click on the pin again to delete it.

To remove it once and for all from the play account, delete and hold and chose delete from library.

My Nexus says I am using 1.59Gb on magazines.  I have never read or downloaded any magazine on my Nexus.  I need help because I don't have a library widget.

Offline chaikenj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 03:14:15 PM »

Okay, for the record I am answering my own question.  I don't know what I did to make magazines download content, but the solution is as bigboss said:  open the Play Magazines app, touch and hold each magazine in turn, and choose "delete from library".

bigboss

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 12:59:46 PM »

Okay, for the record I am answering my own question.  I don't know what I did to make magazines download content, but the solution is as bigboss said:  open the Play Magazines app, touch and hold each magazine in turn, and choose "delete from library".

Glad you worked it out!

Offline scrounger

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 11:23:59 PM »
I would like to add that deleting the widget from your home screen will not delete the content.

Offline chaikenj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 12:26:35 AM »
I previously requested advice here because magazines were downloading to my N7 and using up storage.  Now I find that movies I don't want and never asked for are downloading.  Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?  Is there some setting I should change?

Offline km75sr

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 08:31:30 PM »
Just a quick question. Does someone else, perhaps a child, have access to your tablet?

Offline chaikenj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 08:43:34 PM »
Just a quick question. Does someone else, perhaps a child, have access to your tablet?
hmm.  There are people around who could have touched a screen

JayJ

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 01:21:17 PM »
No offence here mate but I haven't heard of this happening to anybody else do it's like somebody is doing this whether it be yourself out somebody else with access to your N7.

Simple answer is put a PIN, Password or Face lock on your N7 even if it's temporary until you discover what happening here.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman