March 28, 2024, 05:43:57 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Flash on N7?  (Read 1993 times)

Offline norcal618

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
Flash on N7?
« on: August 04, 2012, 01:19:48 AM »
I just received my nexus 7 in the mail today. I'm curious on what I need to do in order to view flash video online. From what I've read in the play store it says that adobe flash doesn't support Jelly Bean. I found a website with instructions but it says I need root permission in order to move a certain downloaded file into /system/apps folder. I downloaded the app and figured out where to move it but the tablet will not allow me to move the app out of the download folder. Does my tablet need to be rooted for me to obtain root permission? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm. A long time ios user and android is all new to me.

JayJ

Re: Flash on N7?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 03:26:08 AM »
If you wait a little while S.Prime is doing a thread on this. ;)

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 04:10:26 AM »
Yes to write anything into the system folder you will have to have root, but later today I will have a guide to installing flash without root posted.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline nexusNovice

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 02:53:40 PM »
Can't find it. Where did you write it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 09:26:58 PM »
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wraxtq4zlyu4m9p/install_flash_player_ics%20%2810%29.apk
There is a link to an apk for Flash. You will need a browser such as Firefox or Lightning , Dolphin, Sleipnir ..etc.. Flash is not compatible with Chrome.
Install the browser and then install the Flash. You should be cool.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 09:29:21 PM »
I just received my nexus 7 in the mail today. I'm curious on what I need to do in order to view flash video online. From what I've read in the play store it says that adobe flash doesn't support Jelly Bean. I found a website with instructions but it says I need root permission in order to move a certain downloaded file into /system/apps folder. I downloaded the app and figured out where to move it but the tablet will not allow me to move the app out of the download folder. Does my tablet need to be rooted for me to obtain root permission? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm. A long time ios user and android is all new to me.
Yes you need to be rooted to allow SU permissions. I think following my directions below you can install Flash without root.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman