March 29, 2024, 01:19:08 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Just got my nexus 7-accessories  (Read 3886 times)

Offline dbart42

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Just got my nexus 7-accessories
« on: August 04, 2012, 11:53:32 AM »
Hey everybody I just received my nexus in the mail after a few problems by wal mart and staples, so I am a little late to the game. I've been playing pool break all morning and that game is pretty sick. The devs did great on it, so if any of you guys are into billiards, then that is one to try. Getting to the point though, do you guys know any retail stores like wal mart or target, etc that will sell nexus 7 accessories. I stopped by best buy and the associate there told me that they won't even be carrying the device so they won't sell any nexus accessories other than the ones that are pretty universal for tablets like bluetooth keyboards and such. If you guys know any stores that sell this kind of stuff, please let me know! I

Thanks!

Offline mobcritter

• I know where my towel is.
    • View Profile
Re: Just got my nexus 7-accessories
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 01:38:40 PM »
I got most of my accessories from Amazon. They include:
Rothco Venturer Travel Portfolio Bag - This is a great satchel, perfectly sized for hauling around your 7-inch tablet or e-reader. I also carry a screen wipe and stylus, small note pad and pen in the bag.
Poetic Slimbook Leather Case for the Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet - so far I like this case although sometimes the Nexus slips to one size and it's hard to touch items on the opposite side of the screen.
MoKo(TM) Invisible Screen Protector Films for Google Nexus 7-inch Tablet - essential for a tablet, but tablet size screen protectors are a pain to put on :-\
Arkon SM517 Windshield Mount for 7-Inch Tablets - Not planing on putting on my windshield. I use it on my kitchen counter when eating or preparing meals to keep the Nexus safe from spills and the like. It also holds the tablet at a better height and angle for viewing.
From the local Verizon store I got the Logitech Mini Boombox. It connects via Bluetooth and sounds great. It's also small enough to take on the go if you want.
I too was not able to find any accessories specifically for the Nexus 7 at local stores.
mobcritter
Have you ever noticed how much paying
attention resembles being smart?

Offline dbart42

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 08:53:56 PM »
Thanks so much for the information! I will look into those accessories,

Offline whysoserious_058

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 09:03:10 PM »
Moko Slim Cover Case, Its a durable black leather case with the magnets in the cover that put the nexus to sleep when closed.  It also has pouches for business cards and/identification, and has an elastic hand strap to help keep you from dropping the unit.

I am not going to be using a screen protector because the screen is gorilla glass2 and should be virtually scratch proof, unless you're raking across diamonds.

I ordered a USB 2.0 to go to allow me to use the micro USB to mount flash drives and to connect a keyboard or a mouse. (requires root)

Also using my stereo bluetooth headset to listen to music, talk on google talk and skype with. 

More to come as I explore

JayJ

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 12:30:32 AM »
I got the Logitech Mini Boombox. It connects via Bluetooth and sounds great.

How are you finding the Logitech Mini Boombox, I've been considering one myself?

Offline mobcritter

• I know where my towel is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 11:51:38 PM »
:) I really like it. Several of my co-workers have also purchased one after hearing mine so I guess I'm not the only one who thinks it sounds good. As I said it's small enough to take on the go. I drop mine into a fanny pack with its charger and the charger for the Nexus, although I haven't had to charge it way from home yet.
mobcritter
Have you ever noticed how much paying
attention resembles being smart?

Offline Tbone60

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 01:50:27 PM »
I got mine on sale at best buy for $50 a couple of weeks ago. Very good sound.

JayJ

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 02:49:19 PM »
Thanks for the info guys!

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee