March 29, 2024, 01:53:47 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Otterbox Defender?  (Read 6730 times)

Offline greycro

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Otterbox Defender?
« on: August 04, 2012, 01:00:35 PM »
Hi Guys,

Anyone know if otterbox has said if they will be producing cases for the N7? Assume they will. Have one for my HTC inspire and really like the durability.

Thanks.

-G

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Otterbox Defender?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 01:19:55 PM »
They most certainly will.  They seem to make cases for all the major tablets and considering how good sales have been of the Nexus 7 and all the press it has received it's just a matter of weeks before they put one on their website.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Otterbox Defender?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 02:13:30 PM »
They most certainly will.  They seem to make cases for all the major tablets and considering how good sales have been of the Nexus 7 and all the press it has received it's just a matter of weeks before they put one on their website.

Not really. They don't make a whole lot for android so I doubt it will come. I keep harrasing gumdrop to make one so maybe they will.

Offline tsruggles

• Popularity: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 09:42:18 PM »

Offline frank

• Popularity: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 03:13:18 PM »
From XDA:
I contacted otterbox regarding if they were coming out with a nexus 7 case, and sadly this was their reply:

Dear Thomas,
Unfortunately, we do not have plans to develop a case for that device. I would recommend keeping an eye on our website, as it will have the most up to date information for every new release. Please feel free to reply to this email if you have any additional questions.
Thank You,
Jeannine
Customer Service Representative
P: (855) 688-7269
F970) 493-1755

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 03:37:58 PM »
I'm surprised they're not making one for the Nexus 7.   I guess it'll depend on sales figures.  They do make them for the Kindle Fire, Galaxy Tab, Nook Tablet/Color and Galaxy Note and a bunch of Android and Blackberry phones but they apparently have steered clear of most other Android tablets...probably due to the low sales figures so far.  If Google comes out with a sales figure in the 5+ million range for the Nexus 7 by end of year I could see them reconsidering.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 03:39:48 PM by Babyfacemagee »
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline frank

• Popularity: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 04:43:02 PM »
I think their case for the Kindle Fire was like $70 bucks?  Priced themselves out of the market imo.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman