March 29, 2024, 06:10:16 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 Screen flickering issue repeatly, even after placing the battery wire in  (Read 1545 times)

Offline ankurnmhs

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
I have been having the screen flickering issue with the nexus 7.  As shown on the youtube videos, I have opened it up and then taking out the battery plug ,and then plugged it back in, and then it works. For a couple of days.  Then i have the issue, and i do it over and over.  What i have seen is that the battery plug is NOT loose and still have that issue. Also I have slightly moved the battery closer to the plug so that the cord is no elongated.  Can someone help me with this issue?  My parents are going on a long europe vacation taking the device. I can correct this issue, but my parents will be unable to on their trip. Thanks for you help.
~Ankur

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
Never mind the battery plug.  Have you checked the motherboard to digitizer plugs?
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline matt

• View Profile
Umm, obviously you don't have brightness set to auto?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Offline matt

• View Profile
If not, and out of warranty: an intermittent connection could cause this, use an electronics grade unlubricated spray contact cleaner on the connections, then a replacement ribbon cable, then check the board under magnification for bad solder joints and resolder or replace the board. Or the battery could be defective, have you noticed any charging problems? Does the flickering happen when charging?

Offline matt

• View Profile
Battery monitoring widget. Will show mah use, does it fluctuate with flicker.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:00:48 PM by matt »

Offline ankurnmhs

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Thank you for your replies.  I will take a look at as per your suggestions and see if that fixes it, and will post the results. As of now, it works just fine. Also, another possiblity i think is a battery calibrational issue, since i am thinking now that this usually occurs at lower battery levels <20%, so i am going to keep it over 50, and see what happens. Thank again for taking the time to post.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman