March 28, 2024, 02:41:44 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Post-it looking icon added in library when adding music to Nexus  (Read 1926 times)

Offline jamaicman

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
I was wondering how to add a picture icon to a song or album I have added to my Library collection. After adding a song.. A blank post-it  style icon appears. (Blue post-it... See Picture)  "Lady Gaga born this way" ( there is also a green one too!)

Thanks in advance for any help..

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: Post-it looking icon added in library when adding music to Nexus
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 09:28:16 PM »
I think with mp3, it tries to assign a cover to it and leaves it blank if it doesn't recognize it.  Then you have to pull up the library on your computer, right click on cover art and edit.  Then you can resync it to your tablet.

An easier way is to use the Album Art Grabber app that gives you several options.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline jamaicman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 05:43:37 AM »
Dang tried both ways.. No luck :-[...
 I did get "album cover grabber" to find and save the cover art in the application itself.
 I even asked "Album Cover grabber" to" rescan Media" in the preferences. Still no luck. ???
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 06:01:37 AM by jamaicman »

Offline paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 11:47:54 AM »
I have had the same issue which I posted about earlier.
I have several albums which I have placed on the nexus from my laptop.
Three of them I have got the artwork and the other ones I just get the post it design you mention.
The strange thing is that the artwork is there when I look in the gallery.

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 01:03:09 PM »
Well, I think it depends on what type of music we're dealing with (MP3, itunes,  Youtube conversion, etc.)   

When you go to Google Music (Google Play)on your laptop, click on the album, then click on the bottom right arrow which brings up a menu.  Then select edit album info.  From there, you can choose a file to place on your album.

In Album Art Grabber (on your tablet only, no laptop), after you download it from Playstore, click "open" and it takes you straight to your collection that doesn't have artwork.  Just click on the album and it should say choose image from (Last FM, MusicBrainz or your SDCard).  Hope this helps!

Last edit:  Jamaicman, in settings, I do not have any options selected like you do (Autosave, etc.)  I wonder if that is making a difference?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 01:58:47 PM by Drew »
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman