April 19, 2024, 01:54:10 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Anyone Tethered to an Android Phone?  (Read 14326 times)

Offline jacksoncmc835

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Tethered to an Android Phone?
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2012, 09:02:03 PM »
Never mind I set up foxfi and use pdanet tablet to Bluetooth set up works fine

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2012, 09:25:08 PM »
I could never stream music or video with foxfi Bluetooth. Is this the case with your setup?

Offline jacksoncmc835

• View Profile
Re: Re: Anyone Tethered to an Android Phone?
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2012, 11:01:58 PM »
I could never stream music or video with foxfi Bluetooth. Is this the case with your setup?

Ill test it tomarrow morning and post back, Im still perplexed why my other set up won't work does the n7 not like adhoc or maybe it was channel/ frequency?

Offline jacksoncmc835

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2012, 07:32:59 AM »

I did a short test because I'm on a 200 mb plan but I was able to stream YouTube videos with out any problems , I tryed three videos and they seem to be fine, fast forward also seemed to work , I did not watch whole video because that would suck down some data lol

Offline Tronmech

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2012, 12:07:00 PM »
Just saying that the n7 works beautifully through the wifi hotspot feature on my Tmobile Galaxy s2 running cm10.

Offline r00tbrain

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2012, 07:39:58 PM »
Using an HTC Rezound I tether Wi-Fi to my n7. Have unlimited data and use it for internet,  email etc.   Everything works just like my home Wi-Fi.

Rootbrain

Offline TntHill

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2012, 12:52:00 PM »
I used Foxfi v1.91 to tether my N7. I have a Motorola X2 and it worked greated.

Offline Bkp

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2012, 09:17:13 PM »
No problem tethering to Bionic DROID with FoxFi.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline jpcalhoun

• Popularity: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2012, 10:01:00 PM »
I have a rooted Motorola Triumph phone and I'd like to use it as a hotspot for my N7.  I wonder if anyone is using an Android phone for the wifi on their N7.

radio
I use PDNet on my N7 and Foxfi on my Razr. They work together seamlessly for a bluetooth tether using the Razr's 3g or 4g.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Anyone Tethered to an Android Phone?
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2012, 12:04:23 AM »

I use PDNet on my N7 and Foxfi on my Razr. They work together seamlessly for a bluetooth tether using the Razr's 3g or 4g.

Another Bluetooth tether... Am I wrong here, but isn't Bluetooth a lot slower than Wi-Fi? Shouldn't Bluetooth be the last option?

Can someone that uses Bluetooth tether run a test for me? Download Speedtest from Google Play on the N7 and the tethered device. Run the test on both devices and post the results.

If I'm correct, there are much better options for tethering a RAZR.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2012, 02:11:18 AM »
Bluetooth was always a last resort for me. I couldn't stream anything with BT just browse the web.

Offline jpcalhoun

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Anyone Tethered to an Android Phone?
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2012, 08:04:09 AM »

Another Bluetooth tether... Am I wrong here, but isn't Bluetooth a lot slower than Wi-Fi? Shouldn't Bluetooth be the last option?

Can someone that uses Bluetooth tether run a test for me? Download Speedtest from Google Play on the N7 and the tethered device. Run the test on both devices and post the results.

If I'm correct, there are much better options for tethering a RAZR.
Maybe I should have been a little more detailed in my earlier response.  First, I have a Razr Maxx and N7 both rooted.  PDNet on the N7 and Foxfi on the Maxx.  Yes, a WiFi tether is faster than a Bluetooth tether.  From my experience, for what ever reason, I cannot always establish a WiFi tether between my Maxx and my N7.   Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  The Bluetooth tether always works.  And, if you don't have the paid version of FoxFi ($6.95) there is a time limit on how long your WiFi tether will last.  The only time I tether is when I need to use my N7 and there is no WiFi available.  I only tether if I need a file off of Google Drive or Box.  I've never used a tether to steam music or video's or browse the Web for fun.  In cases where I need something that is not stored on my N7 the Bluetooth tether has always been "fast enough" for my needs.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2012, 12:06:09 PM »
I never knew their was a paid version of Foxfi. Maybe that is why  I kept getting disconnected.

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2012, 12:46:58 PM »
JP,
Have you tried the SqLite edit? I too have RAZR Maxx, and it works flawlessly. This way you can use the built in hotspot and widgets. A single widget to toggle the hotspot on is much easier than starting up FoxFi and PdaNet then connecting. 

Offline jpcalhoun

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2012, 03:43:46 PM »
JP,
Have you tried the SqLite edit? I too have RAZR Maxx, and it works flawlessly. This way you can use the built in hotspot and widgets. A single widget to toggle the hotspot on is much easier than starting up FoxFi and PdaNet then connecting. 

No I haven't tried that one...not sure I how I messed it, lol.  Thanks for info I'll give it a try.  The only time I use PdaNet is if I need to use the Bluetooth tether.  You know, I'm not sure why FoxFi works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.  I wonder if it is dependent on whether you have 3g or 4g.  It seems to always work when there is a good 4g signal and never with a moderate 3g signal...maybe just coincidence.  Again thanks for the lead on SqLIte...not sure how I missed that one.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 03:49:09 PM by jpcalhoun »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts