March 29, 2024, 05:15:56 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Anyone Tethered to an Android Phone?  (Read 14288 times)

Offline jpcalhoun

• Popularity: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Tethered to an Android Phone?
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2012, 03:51:57 PM »
I never knew their was a paid version of Foxfi. Maybe that is why  I kept getting disconnected.
Yeah I think  it just came out today.  Not sure what the difference is other than it won't break your tether after about 10-15 minutes and tell you you need to pay $6.95 for the upgraded version.  $6.95 seems a little high for that kind of app...just my opinion.

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2012, 01:25:53 PM »
I never knew their was a paid version of Foxfi. Maybe that is why  I kept getting disconnected.
Yeah I think  it just came out today.  Not sure what the difference is other than it won't break your tether after about 10-15 minutes and tell you you need to pay $6.95 for the upgraded version.  $6.95 seems a little high for that kind of app...just my opinion.

Well, high price yes, but if that's the one thing you need to get hooked up, in the long run it's no too big a deal...
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Anyone Tethered to an Android Phone?
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2012, 02:32:21 PM »

Well, high price yes, but if that's the one thing you need to get hooked up, in the long run it's no too big a deal...
Radio THAT WAS NOT MY QUOTE
Your post above was not me.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 03:04:04 PM by bjs229 »

Offline jpcalhoun

• Popularity: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Anyone Tethered to an Android Phone?
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2012, 03:09:42 PM »

Agree... When you need it, you need it. Better than paying Big Red $30.00 to use the native "hotspot" app for sure!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline geffers

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2013, 03:21:43 PM »
I have a rooted Motorola Triumph phone and I'd like to use it as a hotspot for my N7.  I wonder if anyone is using an Android phone for the wifi on their N7.

radio

Yes, I tried it merely out of curiosity. Worked fine.

Geffers

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts