March 28, 2024, 11:00:17 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Root Nexus 7  (Read 3631 times)

Offline halibaitor

• Popularity: -3
    • View Profile
Root Nexus 7
« on: June 30, 2012, 04:58:52 PM »
It appears that to solve the problems generated by Google, it will be necessary to root this tablet.  I for one, am looking forward to it, but have a serious problem.  I have never attempted this procedure before on any device.
I am hoping and praying that when someone does root the thing, they will be kind enough to write a procedure that can be followed by a noob like me.

I can follow a script very well.  As long as the person writing the script doesn't assume I know what is happening ahead of time.  The type of script I need is one that includes EVERY step, including the mundane things like plug wire (a) into slot (b).  Otherwise I am left to my own devices, which usually means I end up ordering pizza and forget about everything else.

So, PLEASE, someone root the Nexus 7 and write a procedure that the rest of us simple folk can follow.  The world and I, will be forever grateful.   :)

Offline frank

• Popularity: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Root Nexus 7
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 09:00:53 PM »
I'm not sure what you think rooting will solve exactly, but I'm sure there will be folks at XDA who will have details on the methods.

FYI - Root is already available here: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/28585-cwmeasyroot-nexus-7/

Edit: looks like XDA is on it with one-click root already: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1742919
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 09:12:36 PM by frank »

Offline halibaitor

• Popularity: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 09:43:59 PM »
Thanks Frank...  That's a step in the right direction... 

Offline stinkyjak

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 04:13:32 PM »
Nice....  Does anyone know if CWM is in the works? Too bad we have no SD card to back up images up to.

EDIT: If I read the links I would have seen CWM and su.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 04:22:54 PM by stinkyjak »
"I don't want to conquer anything. I just think the guy with the most freedom in this whole ocean... is the Pirate King!" Monkey D Luffy

Offline spungeworthy

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 02:56:44 PM »
This takes very little time and you don't have to do much at all
Very easy to follow end result being unlocked and rooted..

I suggest watching through it first before you do anything

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 03:18:41 PM »
We'll be preparing a full step-by-step root instructions here on the forum soon.  We're waiting for a bit to see all the different procedures that come out on XDA and other forums and then will choose the easiest method.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 04:20:27 PM »
Currently unlocking the bootloader and installing SU are creating few issues, but CWM installation is problematic as it is based on the nexus phone. I suggest waiting until more developers actually receive the N7. A faulty CWM installation could brick your device. If you are a newbe to rooting wait until a one click root and CWM installation is available.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline edhunter

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 01:29:14 PM »
I have spent 3 hours of today devastated thinking I had bricked my N7 with a custom ROM. I've finally solved the problem but in the process I have learned how to and would recommended using ROM Manager to download and flash ROMS.  I am looking to update the Kernel next but I am unsure which is the best to use and how to install it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline our year

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Root Nexus 7
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 06:36:59 PM »
It appears that to solve the problems generated by Google, it will be necessary to root this tablet.  I for one, am looking forward to it, but have a serious problem.  I have never attempted this procedure before on any device.
I am hoping and praying that when someone does root the thing, they will be kind enough to write a procedure that can be followed by a noob like me.

I can follow a script very well.  As long as the person writing the script doesn't assume I know what is happening ahead of time.  The type of script I need is one that includes EVERY step, including the mundane things like plug wire (a) into slot (b).  Otherwise I am left to my own devices, which usually means I end up ordering pizza and forget about everything else.

So, PLEASE, someone root the Nexus 7 and write a procedure that the rest of us simple folk can follow.  The world and I, will be forever grateful.   :)

Just use the Wugfresh toolkit over on XDA.  No script to follow.  Just install the toolkit on a Windows machine and off you go...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1766475

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 08:15:32 AM »
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:17:40 AM by S.Prime »
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman