March 29, 2024, 01:24:33 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Trinity Kernel On Nexus 7 Brings Stunning Quadrant Scores  (Read 6235 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Trinity Kernel On Nexus 7 Brings Stunning Quadrant Scores
« on: August 08, 2012, 02:59:59 AM »

So you want to see what a rooted Nexus 7 with a custom kernel has the potential to do performance spec-wise?  How about a blistering 164GHz scoring over 7000 on Quadrant and scorching practically any other quad core device you can purchase anywhere in the world today.  While there's a host of developers working on custom ROM's and kernels for the Nexus 7 the current crown goes to 'Trinity Seven' (Der Kernel By Morphic) who's achievement in Quadrant is even more impressive because his kernel also offers improved battery life.   He achieves this by using the Trinity Kernel Toolbox which let's you ratchet up all four cores of your Nexus 7 to 1.64GHz when you need the horsepower say while playing a game but also allows you to wind those cores down and underclock them to give you outstanding battery life.   

In fact you can put the device in 'deep sleep' mode which despite the name let's your run your tablet in an ultra low power state that after 12 hours still gives you tons of battery life.   Now it goes without saying that to take advantage of custom kernels such as this you need to Root your Nexus 7 and for most the added performance will be more of an ego booster than a practical benefit.  Still it's nice to know that as far as price/performance goes...our $199 or $249 baby is the fastest tablet on the block...and for less than half the price of its competition that puts a smile on our face.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 03:01:48 AM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Trinity Kernel On Nexus 7 Brings Stunning Quadrant Scores
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 05:33:12 AM »
One of the advantages of the popularity of our Nexus 7 is that there is a huge interest in the device in the development community which will lead to a host of custom ROM's and kernels and features like flash support for Jelly Bean.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline daraldf

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 10:54:45 PM »
Very impressive benchmarks! I've rooted and unlocked my N7. Where can I find documentation on using custom ROM's? I'd like to give this one a try if it's available for the general public.

Darald

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 05:20:34 AM »
@ Darald

XDA Developers is your best source for Custom ROM's and development. I will post a link at the end of this post later, since I replying from my phone. I suggest using a final ROM, unless you enjoy playing around with the betas. Be sure to make a Nandroid backup with CWM or TWRP, and copy it to an external source before you start experimenting with Custom ROM's.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline strider_mt2k

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 09:11:44 AM »
I love reading about stuff like this.

I will likely never need to do it, but it's still good to know it's got it if I need it.
Motorola Droid Bionic
Toshiba Excite 10
Google Nexus 7

Offline frank

• Popularity: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 09:43:23 AM »
Pretty cool.  More interested in the battery savings it offers vs more horsepower.  Will definitely give it a go once it moves from experimental to released.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman