March 28, 2024, 03:46:15 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Bookmarks  (Read 8449 times)

Offline ppearce43

• Popularity: 1
  • It's Magic!
    • View Profile
Bookmarks
« on: August 09, 2012, 05:28:22 PM »
I'm having trouble finding bookmarks for websites.
I press on the star while in Chrome on the N7, but don't know where to go to find the resulting bookmark as on desktop version of Chrome.
Any help?  I'm probably overlooking something really obvious.
Also, where is the "Apps tray"?
Thanks.

Offline chaikenj

• Popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Bookmarks
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 05:33:31 PM »
I'm having trouble finding bookmarks for websites.
Also, where is the "Apps tray"?

When you open Chrome, at the bottom there are left, middle, and right choices.  The middle one is "Bookmarks for Mobile"

The apps tray is the circle with dots in it, at the bottom center of your home page.

JayJ

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 09:22:13 PM »
Also if you use Chrome on your PC like I do you can access your bookmarks for that browser, providing you sync your Chrome browser on your PC.

Once you have selected bookmarks at the bottom, tap bookmarks below the toolbar at the top and you'll have the option to select Desktop and Other bookmarks.

Finally if you select devices at the bottom next to bookmarks you'll have access to websites that you have recently had open or still open on your Chrome desktop browser.

Offline ppearce43

• It's Magic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 11:05:26 AM »
Once you have selected bookmarks at the bottomat the bottom of what?  PC browser?, tap bookmarks below the toolbar at the top below the toolbar at the top of what? and you'll have the option to select Desktop and Other bookmarks.

Finally if you select devices at the bottom of what? next to bookmarks you'll have access to websites that you have recently had open or still open on your Chrome desktop browser.

Thanks for your reply.  I'm trying to figure it out. ;D

Offline chaikenj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 04:36:04 PM »
Once you have selected bookmarks at the bottomat the bottom of what?  PC browser?, tap bookmarks below the toolbar at the top below the toolbar at the top of what?

The Nexus 7 comes with one browser, namely Chrome.  If you open Chrome, there are three choices along the bottom of the screen.  The center one is Bookmarks.   It is a bit confusing where to tap, but if you just tap or slide the blue bar around the word "Bookmarks" you will eventually understand JayJ's message

You didn't ask about Devices, but next to the word "Bookmarks" you find "Other devices".  Tap this the same way to see what it does.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 04:38:06 PM by chaikenj »

Offline chaikenj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 04:40:32 PM »
If you are trying to find your Nexus 7 bookmarks on some other computer, go to Google bookmarks on the other computer and you will find a new category called "Bookmarks for Mobile"

JayJ

Re: Re: Bookmarks
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 08:17:07 PM »
at the bottom of what?  PC browser?

at the top of what?

of what?

Thanks for your reply.  I'm trying to figure it out. ;D

At the bottom of the Google Chrome app on your N7 like this...

Offline chocobell

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 08:44:39 PM »
Hi, I'm new to this forum and when I got to this topic I just had to join in.  I had all my bookmarks from my desktop (I'm using Chrome) and suddenly yesterday, I lost them.  I am still logged into my google email account on my PC but I can't seem to get the bookmarks back on my Nexus 7.  It's possible I don't remember exactly how I did it the first time, but I've tried the instructions that JayJ posted, but I guess I'm missing something.  I would really like to have my bookmarks back, if anyone can help.

JayJ

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 09:02:57 PM »
Have you tried logging it and back in again?

Open Chrome, press the three dots and select settings, now tap your Gmail address at the top and on the next screen at the bottom "Disconnect Google Account".
Do that and then sign back in or try clearing data in Settings> Apps in the menu of you Nexus 7.

Offline chocobell

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 10:38:21 AM »
I got frustrated last night and went to bed.  This morning I went into settings, data usage, then Chrome and tapped the three little dots in the upper right corner and checked the auto sync data and suddenly there were all my bookmarks.  Not sure how it got "unchecked" ...

I've had my Nexus 7 for a couple of months now and I'm still in the "look and touch everything" mode.  I'll figure something out and then not remember how I did it.  But it's fun.   ;D  Thanks for your tips, though. 

Offline ppearce43

• It's Magic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 10:55:57 AM »
Thanks JayJ.
I'll keep trying.  Hasn't worked for me yet, but I'm admittedly bad at understanding instructions.
I'll just keep messing around with it.
Thanks again.

Offline totemynote

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 03:00:50 PM »
Hi everyone, this is my first post. I got my Nexus 7 yesterday and I'm loving it.

About bookmarks, is there a way to make a new top layer folder, like "other than "desktop", "other" and "mobile"? I'd actually prefer to delete these top layer folders and build my own from scratch.

Offline totemynote

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 09:44:38 AM »
Another question, is there a "tab" button (or a workaround) in the native keyboard that allows you to move to the next text field without tapping it on the screen?

One more, isn't there a word definition function in the Chrome browser?

Offline Glock34

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 03:13:01 PM »
Hey ppearce43. I was confused reading this too. I don't know if you and I have a different version of chrome than the others that are trying to help, or it's formatted differently, but in any case, the way to see your bookmarks is to touch the three vertically stacked dots in the upper right hand corner of the screen, and select bookmarks from the drop down menu. Hope this helps.

JayJ

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 03:42:06 PM »
When I open Chrome Bookmarks is the first page I came too...

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman